Home U.S. Coin Forum

Barberhalf is gone, Go back to Work!!

Comments

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    They weren't viruses. Only if you actually execute real code from this guy. The pictures he had and the forum text are OK. If you went to his web site you are OK so long as you didn't submit things. And even then, probably OK.

But it is always a good regimen to run virus software and have a good firewall up.
  • Sorry, I was in my Safe than Sorry mode!!image
  • jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    McAfee online virus scan and XP system pretty much blocks all attempts to hack and removes unsafe files! It's worth the yearly rate and always gives you constant update info! That happens at least once a week right now!
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • critocrito Posts: 1,735
    I surf the internet under an account so restricted there's nothing a virus could do even if I did download it accidentally image only cr@ppy thing is I can't double click the tray clock to use the handy calendar, pops up this dialog image

Never surf the web under an admin account (even local), and doing so on a domain controller puts the entire network at risk. You can use the "run as different user" option in a shortcut for sites like Windows Update that you have to trust image
  • I've been under Norton's care for 7 years. Never infested, but have captured 7 virus. I believe some A ss from Ebay was sending them. Got them every morning at 7:00AM until he figured it wasn't going to happen! image
  • critocrito Posts: 1,735
    Guess I should add that it's not only for websites, I want to restirct fat client internet apps I don't trust too image Like Turbo Lister or the AOL Dialer program, for example image MS does a pretty good job of keeping up with browser vulnerabilities, though. I just don't like taking any chances image
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's for real that a member has ANY intention to create harm, WHY is he still allowed on?

Is or isn't Barberhalf a menace?
  • I looked at his profile!! Name - blank, Area - Alberta Country - Afghanistan
    I'm guessing he hacked on the system and made his own credentials like the fake moderator on the open forum last week.
    Glenn
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Okay, I just went and opened all his topics and have lived to tell about it.

Russ, NCNE
  • topstuf

He was booted within 45 seconds of my being notified.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Hey Mr. Mod,

Did you know you can remove all traces of him? If you have Admin access, that is.

Russ, NCNE
  • No, really???image

Actually, I only have limited powers in areas like this board, but full admin on the sports boards, open forum, etc.

They are afraid to let me loose here. Not famed for being "Mr Nice Guy" Besides, you guys are all well behaved, aren't you?

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

Yes, we are very well behaved. The only time we have any problems is when we get invaded by card weirdos. Bwuahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Russ, NCNE
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    hmmm... little unknown fact, Lucille collects sports cards and I have many autographed ones.......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
    Point proven!

Russ, NCNE
  • TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Lucy-with all the stuff you collect is there any room to walk in your house?
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    thats why I maintain two residences........
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

• << <i>Yes, we are very well behaved. The only time we have any problems is when we get invaded by card weirdos >>

Funny that you should say that. The card guys immediately put their hands on their wallets when the coin guys show up.

• cladkingcladking Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're trying to do them a favor by getting them to buy a REAL collectible.
    Tempus fugit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file