Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

GSA price guide

Does anyone know of a price guide for GSA dollars? I've searched the internet high and low with no luck.

None of the books I have even mention them.

Thanks in advance.
"Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff

Comments

• Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    The CCDN publishes a price for dated GSA's once a month. However, they are not priced in grade, just generically in GSA case.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    Thanks, but ......CCDN?

A little more help please.
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
  • Options
    DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    OK, I did a search. I'm not a dealer.

All I want to know is a basic price guide for value of GSA Morgans. Not by grade but by year in the holders with the box, papers, etc.

I thougth it was a simple request but I am amazed at the dead end I've run into.

Even going through coin world, all I can find is an occasional single coin for sale or someone wanting to buy.

This information seems to either be well guarded or non-existant outside of dealers.

Kind of discouraging, actually.
  • Options
    If you go to the classified for dealers wanting to buy coins there are numerous listings for all GSA morgans. That should give you a good idea. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    SpudmasherSpudmasher Posts: 170 ✭✭
    Deadhorse - As Julian referred to it is in the Certified Coin Dealer News Letter. www.greysheet.com for subscription rates etc. The more accurate as far as I'm concerned are the buy prices in back of Coin World in the classified section under Wanted.....The actual retail prices vary depending on the coin in the GSA holder. Having said that alot of the super coins have been cracked out. There is a dealer GSA guy who if he responds can tell you anything you need to know. gsaguy is his member name. Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file