Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

finally got coin imaged close to what it looks like sight seen

this halfdime 1860 is graded by ngc as ms68 star

and finally i got the coin properly imaged AS CLOSE AS I CAN TO WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE SIGHT SEEN IN PERSON

BUT in person this coin is still better

as the image still doesnot show the strong prooflike booming lustre coming through the MONSTER TONING!!!!

sincerely michael

do not be fooled by the scan it is much better in person sight seen!!

now you can sort of see why this coin was the first star for legend obverse halfdimes and an ms68 to boot!!

this is a truly one in a million monster! exceptional coin and a fully original thick skinned coin

Comments

• Options
    That appears to be an attractive coin. I would very much like to see it in person.
  • Options
    Very nice! I really would like to see that one in person.

• Options
    Michael, it would be nice if someday the technology existed to capture both the color and the luster of a given coin.

I am sure i have passed on purchasing some truely nice coins because either the color or the luster did not both fully come threw on a dealers website.
    Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    WOW!! That is one radiating Beauty!!image
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that is a coin-in-a-million, for certain. Beautiful!
  • Options
    ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    I believe you !!! I can only imagine how great that coin looks in person. Even without the luster showing, it is a masterpiece.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file