Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What if I had a "top pop" coin that doesn't even have a price listed in the PCGS guide?

Are these coins of the greatest rarity, or is it just that there are so few sales that a price cannot be determined?
image"Darkside" gold

Comments

• Options
    I believe that Heritage has an option in the "my collection" category on their sight where their experts will give a best guess at price after researching past auctions. I also think that this service is free if you really wanted a good idea of the value of a certain coin.
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭
    It depends on the coin. If is a "classic" coin you can get some sense by studying prices and auction records for similar or analogous coins. If it is a "modern" coin you can use the same info (including ebay records) but remember tomorrow, or in the near future 1, 2, 3 or more may be slabbed at the same grade. My point is that the probability of more modern coins coming in at high grade, and affecting the price of the currently graded coins is a significantly higher number as compared to a "classic' coin.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file