Home U.S. Coin Forum

Question about a coin on ebay....clarification please.

Ebay item 3028624517 its a pcgs ms66fs There's no picture to verify what the slab says but in the description it says "in my opinion, it looks like a six full step coin". Isn't that what the FS designation means in the first place? Anyone familiar with this seller? Why would they need to give their opinion of whether it's FS or not when supposedly it's been certified by PCGS as FS?
Glock: the original point and click interface.
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Comments

• mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    I always thought a FS nickel only needed 5 steps but i could be wrong. I just asked if he had the cert. # so we'll see if it's slabbed as a FS or if its just a MS coin that should make FS next time.
  • RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Cop: The seller is trying to apparently indicate that the coin is PQ for a FS coin. PCGS requires only five full steps for the FS designation, so six would be higher-end ... hope this helps.
  • As a matter of fact that did help. Thank you guys. The seller has a lot of positive feedback with only 2 negs out of 3497 feedbacks. Probably can't go too bad with a bid. Any suggestions on the value of this particular coin? This steves_hobbies schmuck keeps outbidding me on other coins. Guess I need to take up my sniper position. Hope he's not a forum member that's gonna see my battle plan! image

Glock: the original point and click interface.
    The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
    Guns have only two enemies, rust and liberals.
    Criminals love gun control, it makes their profession safer.
    If guns are outlawed can we use swords?
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Pcgs gives out FS for 5 steps, NGC needs the coin to have 6 steps, and ANACS notates the amount of steps on the holder, 5, 5.5, and 6. I don't collect these, but I think that's how the services do it.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • A 2000P in MS66FS is not a very difficult coin with 6 steps and probably would not command a premium for this date. Some earlier dates from 38 - 64 with 6 steps would however command a premium.

FYI - Discountcoin is great to deal with

Frank
    (The Corso Collection) Always looking for high quality proof and full step Jeffersons - email me with details

My Jefferson Full Step Variety Set (1938 - Current)

My Jefferson Proof Variety Set (1938 - Current)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file