Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dreaming of coins -Part IV : Dream log updated

Since I became a board member, I have had these threads running and updated on a regular basis. Others have shared their numismatic dreams with the rest of us. When I say dreams, I mean it literally, when you go to bed and fall asleep, not in the sense of "What is your dream coin?". To update everyone, these are my latest, feel free to share yours also.

1. There is a dream that keeps repeating itself over and over. I am at a coin show, sitting down in front of a dealer and looking through double row boxes of slabs. When I am done with a box, he hands me another, and another , and another, the boxes just keep coming and coming and coming, this is " The perpetual inventory dream". One of my favorites.

2. The other recurring dream is of course one where you never run out of money. You always seem to have enough to pay for everything that comes your way. This takes place at a coin show also and is one of my favorites. When you wake up, its not pleasant, you just realized that you spend ficticious money on coins that you will never have.

3. Another interesting dream involves more of a hassle. I had one of these recently. I arrived at a show, but all the dealers where gone. It was Sunday. I rarely go on a Sunday. This was more like a nightmare. this one does not feel good at all.

Please feel free to share yours.

Brian

Comments

• Options
    Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Well, I show up to school in my underwear.........

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Options
    maddogalemaddogale Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Well in mine, I am looking through some old proof sets, I find....a DCAM 64 AH!!! wow!!! I set the envelope down and get my wallet out....my hands are shaking....the price on the envelope is only $7!!! I look down, and......IT'S GONE!!!! and in the distance I hear...Russ, NCNE BWahahahahhahahahahaha!!!!
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on; I don't do these things to other people, I require the same from them."
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this coin related dream where I see all these really cool coins, but I can't move to pick them up. For some reason, I keep trying to reach out to where they are but I can't move. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Lanlord:
    Fascinating.

Brian.
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrived to a coin show and found myself with no money no checks no credit cards because I'm in my shorts! Sheez I've forgotten my pants in my haste to find a few nice Mercs.

Marc

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file