Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

has anyone bought from ebay seller "blueridge1"?

looking for info on sellers coins

thanks,
Matt
"the world is full of kings and queens, they blind your eyes and steal your dreams, it's Heaven and Hell"

Comments

• Options
    Never bought from him but it looks like a lot of coin collectors are dying around his parts. All of his coins are listed as from an "estate". image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    HaHa!! Maybe he's a lawyer. Ed
    eddye_2001
  • Options
    Or maybe, just maybe, he's creating the estates by doing in the owners.......imageimageimageimage
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options
    TheBlackKnightTheBlackKnight Posts: 387 ✭✭✭
    Be careful of his raw stuff. I purchased several items from him a couple of years ago and they all came back as cleaned. Only item that wasn't was a BU roll of Mercs
    The impossible just takes longer.
  • Options
    DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    If bidders will actually read his descriptions, they will find that probably 80 to 90% of his auctions' descriptions openly call the coin "cleaned" or "professionally cleaned". I watch his auctions every week. With only one exception, I only bid on the coins he says have not been cleaned. The only exception coins was actually cleaned, but it did have the strong BU details he described. Over the past few years, I've purchased maybe 7 or 8 coins from him and have not been disappointed yet. I find his grading skills to absolutely dead on! Just like any of us, he might be 1 point +/- on any of the coins, but you can't do any better than that at the shows. Personally, I don't risk bidding on the coins he describes as BU, even if nothing is said about a cleaning. I think that is usually a low BU coin, that should be bid at no better than 61 money. Good luck!

• Options
    doopsdoops Posts: 498

<< <i>If bidders will actually read his descriptions, they will find that probably 80 to 90% of his auctions' descriptions openly call the coin "cleaned" or "professionally cleaned". I watch his auctions every week. With only one exception, I only bid on the coins he says have not been cleaned. The only exception coins was actually cleaned, but it did have the strong BU details he described. Over the past few years, I've purchased maybe 7 or 8 coins from him and have not been disappointed yet. I find his grading skills to absolutely dead on! Just like any of us, he might be 1 point +/- on any of the coins, but you can't do any better than that at the shows. Personally, I don't risk bidding on the coins he describes as BU, even if nothing is said about a cleaning. I think that is usually a low BU coin, that should be bid at no better than 61 money. Good luck!
    DCHUMP CAN BE PRODUCED FOR THIS FORUM BY REVIEWING BLUERIDGE'S FEEDBACK PROFILE AND WHO BID ON WHAT recent and past.....do your detective work......this guy is a PUNK

image >>

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have watched the auctions for over three years and have only seen one coin I felt was worth bidding on. No Return and most looked cleaned. For some reason that absolutely dumbfounds me, it seems that their auctions get healthy bidding ALL the time.

Guess there are huge numbers of collectors that are dying to get nice shined up coins for a premium.

Tyler
  • Options
    zennyzenny Posts: 1,549
    bought once, regretted it.

z
  • Options
    dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭
    STRONG PASS

talk about harold's estate, blueridge has had the same estate sale running on ebay since about 1974

bought 2 coins, both were awful

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file