Home Q & A Forum
Options

NEW B & M COLLECTORS CLUB OFFER

SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭
Hi David,
I'd appreciate if you would comment on the recent ad in Coin World in which B & M is offering a year Gold membership in the CU Collectors Club for $25. As a charter member back in 1997 (I signed up at the New York ANA) I just recently renewed for two more years at $179. I can understand the business need of B & M to reestablish their business after David Bowers left, but somehow it seems like those of us who have been with PCGS for a long time and supported the company by having many coins graded thru this club, are getting the short end of this deal. No doubt, this will bring many new people to PCGS. It is a GREAT deal. 4 free gradings for $25 plus the other perks like the $1 silver coin and the pop reports. At a time where you admit you are overloaded with submissions, this will just make it worse in my opinion. My submissions will be delayed longer. Maybe this is the right thing to do for CU, but what can you offer to us members who are paying the full freight. I really will appreciate your comments. Thanks,
Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Steve...It's a one time, very limited offer that won't be repeated. Businesses do things like this from time to time...sales happen. It's not our policy to offer discounts like this, but the ANA catalog was a one time, very important event and the B&M people wanted to load up there offer so they threw in a good deal for the Collectors Club. I understand your comment about turn around times, but I didn't think the response would be huge to the B&M offer...David