Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is this a classic Ebay Shill bidder or what??

BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭
I found an ebay seller by the handle of phanton on another CU thread and checked him out. He sells nearly all raw coins, and as I was looking at a few, I noticed a bidder by the name of hemminger.8 as high bidder in a few of phanton's auctions. It turns out that hemminger.8 has bid on 66 of phanton's coins since May 4. Even more brutal is the fact that he has bid on no other ebay sellers coins during the same time period! Do these people think we are that stupid??

TomT.
TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org

Comments

• Options
    bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Yup!
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • Options
    In a word, Yes...some people think others are too stupid to figure out what is going on in the world...
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people just assume everyone else is stupid. Like this dealer today in Dalton. At least 6 times he tells me he's a collector, not a dealer...........yet, he has a stack of greysheets, flyers with <HisName> Rare Coins all over it, business cards with the same name, and a self-proclaimed 22,000 coins in boxes behind his table.............then had to preach to me the evils of slabbed coins.
    imageimage

• Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Interesting. There are two forum members that have purchased pretty expensive coins from this seller. One of these thinks the seller is great, the other believes this seller is very deceptive.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file