Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

FT vs. FB Roosevelt Dimes

BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
PCGS has the designation FB (full bands), NGC calls their designation FT (full torch). Do both services use the same criteria for grading the torch/bands, or is one service actually more strict? Will all coins graded FT get FB at the other service and vice versa?

In theory, if it's easier to get the designation at one of the services, their coins will not be as valuable and there should be more of them around. Any insights?

Bill
"Have a nice day!"

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Bill - I think the jury is still out on this one. Unlike Full Bell Lines for Frankies, on this one they seem to agree - so time will tell whether an NGC MS68*FT is worth more/same/less than a PCGS MS68FB
  • Options
    My opinion is that PCGS should have used something other than FB for Roosies. FB is the designation used for Mercs and can be very confusing to the collector who just scans listings too quickly...
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    I think it's harder to get from NGC because they look at both the vertical and horz. lines and PCGS only uses the horz. lines.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Way too early to tell. give it another 6-8 months and I'll be able to say for sure.

Brian.
  • Options
    BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't anyone else want to touch this one?imageimage
    "Have a nice day!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file