Home U.S. Coin Forum

San Diego Coin Stores?

I'm going to be in San Diego tomorrow and was wondering if there's any good stores I should check out? Are they open on Mondays? Most of the ones in LA are closed Sundays and Mondays.

Thanks for the help,
Michael

Comments

• clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    www.oldcoinshop.com

I think they're open Mondays.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

If you get off the 5 at Carlsbad Village Drive and turn right (west) to State St and turn right, there is Carlsbad Village Coin. It can be anywhere from empty to junk filled or maybe a surprise or two. But it's freeway close.

If you want to go east about 10 miles on the 78 there is California Numismatic Funding (755 E. Vista Way). There is nothing on display but you can ask what you're looking for and he'll bring it out from the back.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Escondido has a nice one downtown (and if you are there on Friday night they have a cool old car cuise).

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭
    old coin shop, On the corner of el cajon blvd. and Texas. Look for the blue roof next to denny's.
  • clw54clw54 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭
    Park in the Denny's parking lot if you go to The Old Coin Shop.
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    Strongly suggest you call the shops before going out of your way. I know for a fact Carlsbad Coins use to be closed on Mondays.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you get off the 5 at Carlsbad Village Drive and turn right (west) to State St and turn right, there is Carlsbad Village Coin. It can be anywhere from empty to junk filled or maybe a surprise or two. But it's freeway close.

If you want to go east about 10 miles on the 78 there is California Numismatic Funding (755 E. Vista Way). There is nothing on display but you can ask what you're looking for and he'll bring it out from the back. >>

If in Carlsbad ask for Danny or Paul. Either is knowledgable and more than willing to take time with you.

In Vista ask for Richard. He's extremely knowledgable and you can (usually) catch him in a good mood.

peacockcoins

• FrattLawFrattLaw Posts: 3,290 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help. It looks like Old is the most geographically desirable.

Michael

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file