Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dillemma about the $25 B/M / PCGS Collector's Club Offer...

airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,018 ✭✭✭✭✭
Howdy y'all,

Here's my problem. First off, I will say that I will get the catalog at least for myself... I've never had an auction catalog, and the submissions will take the cake... here's the problem...

Most of my coins would fall under the range of economy submissions... yes, I could get them faster if they go regular, but I wouldn't really need them done quickly... if at all, for that matter... some coins I'd just like to know. In this instance, I'd feel like I'm wasting money if I send in coins that can go in for half the value of the certificate. Of course, I might submit more if I could put a few hundred down to turn a profit, but I don't know if I can afford the risk, so I can't be sure that I'd really be doing any submitting after the freebies.

First to go in would probably be my buffs and maybe some of my toned ASE's... all of which can go modern/economy. Granted, this is a great deal- incredibly cheap submissions available... I've considered having my parents sign up for more freebies just for the sake of the good deal, but I don't know if I'd feel they've been wisely used.

So, now that I feel like I've been rambling on to you "Dear Numismatist," please tell me your thoughts on how I should save my sanity.

Jeremy
JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Comments

• Options
    no one image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    APN,

I was paying attention. I just don't have a good answer. Sorry...
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    I'm going to save mine for crossovers!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options

<< <i>I'm going to save mine for crossovers! >>

my NGC coins are no better image
  • Options
    CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to believe the offer is for real. PCGS must be pretty desperate to alienate everyone that signed up for $99. I sent in my $25 anyway. Might have to get my wife to sign up too image
  • Options
    I am piffed because I am at the beach and my copy of CW is at home!image
    Gary
  • Options
    Oh, and I might add that I'd never be able to hit the 5 coin minimum on most occasions...
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Well, there you have it. Send in four coins you want slabbed; for $25 you're going to get your money's worth - well, that is providing nothing goes wrong. You have to defing "wrong".
    Gilbert
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Jeremy,
    I agree with Gilbert - easy decision. I think moderns are now $12, the lowest price. For 4 coins, you save at least $23, you get them back faster, you only need to submit 4 instead of 5, you get a free auction catalog, and other benefits of PCGS membership... what's not to like? Last year, I sent 1 gold coin (regular) and 3 economy as part of my 4 freebies.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    Now I might have to get my parents to buy this so I can have 8 freebies image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file