Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Frankie Collectors.... What would be a fair price...

I have about 1000 Franklins from various years (nothing exceptional). The coins are in average circulated shape. Maybe, F-XF, for most of them. What would be a fair (average) price to ask for the group???

Thanks in advance, Jim
Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
---------------------------------
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
"If it don't make $"
"It don't make cents""

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Jim:

In this condition, unless you can cull out some of the better dates (49D, 59S, 50D, 51S, 52S, 53S, 54S) I would say that your best bet is to sell them on ebay and see what you get there. Otherwise you'll probably wind up getting bullion value for them.

Frank
  • Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    To be frank, in that condition, melt value. Sorry, just my opinion...Ken
  • Options
    Thanks, Ken and Frank! I pulled out the coins that I thought would be of some value. I'm taking them down to Liberty Coins in Long Beach.

I have just received a massive amount of coins that have been in 4 large safety deposit boxes for 35 years. The person that owned them was the owner of Desoto Cabs of San Francisco and would throw all the silver coins into a bin. Now it is my task to go through these thousands of coins. Morgans, Peace, Walk. Lib, Frankies, Kennedys (some nice ones), Roosies (many beauts).

Jim
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""
  • Options
    foodudefoodude Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭
    My comments are similar/the same as some of the others. I would put sets together, using the best coins for the sets, and sell the sets on ebay. I would separate any remaining better dates as mentioned in an earlier reply, and try to get what I could from local dealers above bullion, and then sell the rest at bullion to the local dealer who pays the highest price- there is usually a dealer or two at each local coin show of any size above 20 or so that specilizes in bullion. You will find that most of the other dealers in the area also tend to sell there bullion/scrap silver to this person. Therefore to avoid the middleman, and get te best price, try to find out who that person(s) is.
    Greg Allen Coins, LLC Show Schedule: https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/573044/our-show-schedule-updated-10-2-16 Authorized dealer for NGC, PCGS, CAC, and QA. Member of PNG, RTT (Founding Platinum Member), FUN, MSNS, and NCBA (formerly ICTA); Life Member of ANA and CSNS. NCBA Board member. "GA3" on CCE.
  • Options
    ClausUrchClausUrch Posts: 1,278
    I would assemble all of the complete circulated sets I could in Dansco or Whitman albums and sell them as sets on E-Bay and sell the rest as "grab bags" of 3, 5 or 10 coins via dutch auction. You should do much better this way than selling for "melt".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file