Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Need some help ($) from Franklin People

I have 6 holes in my Franklin Album. They are the 1950 to 1955 Proofs.

What is a reasonable, typical price for these? I can't seem to find any where these are sold, and the prices on Ebay are
all over, and I have no idea if they are fair or unreasonable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Tade - you have to consider the condition that you want the coins in, whether you want regular brilliant proofs, cams, or dcams. Personally I wouldn't waste my money on anything below PR65, or possibly even 66 if you could afford it, and if you can afford cams that would even be better. Dcams are pretty outrageous, but with patience and shopping maybe somethings can be found. A rule of thumb you can use it to go to the Collectors Universe price guide, look up the dates your interested in the conditions your interested, and take a 40-50% range of the coins. 40% would be your low end, and 50% the high end for these coins. Of course availability is another factor, so coins in 50 or 51 in top condition are going to be tough. That's why you see prices all over the place on Ebay.

Hope this helps!

Frank
  • Options
    Thank you Frank.

These are good suggestions, and I might even follow your advise!image

I just did not know where to turn, and I really do appreciate your time to post.

Tade
  • Options
    GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
    Tade,

If I may jump on the bandwagon, I have a counter suggestions. It of course depends on the "type" of album you are using, but I would be extremely hesitant to place "high-grade" proofs of THOSE years in any album but a Wayte-Raymond or Intercept. WR for possible "color" or Intercept to preserve to present look.

Frankly (no pun intended image ), those are considered "better date" proofs and CAM or DCAM, to me, are a bit "salty" for a Whitman or the like.
    Gilbert
  • Options
    Tade,

PMed you. I think I might be able to help you!!!
    Constellatio Collector sevenoften@hotmail.com
    ---------------------------------
    "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished!"
    "If it don't make $"
    "It don't make cents""

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file