Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Comments/Opinions on these two Walkers?

I received these yesterday along with a bunch of Morgans. I don't usually deal with these, so I would be interested in opinions from those a little more familiar with them.

Comments

• Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    These are really not my thing either but the toning is really nice! They both look to have wear and the 1942 looks to have some hairlines. Anyway's this will get your thread to the top. mike image
  • Options
    K___,

Beautiful coins! Both are really nice. High resolution graphics always shows more detail than needed, and even with that these coins show high MS quality.

Dan
  • Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    Both look nice. The top coin looks high au., the bottom coin seems to be unc., a bit ticky though. Could be the image. I would imagine there is a bunch more color on the actual coin, than your image suggests, aslo. Excellent eye appeal, for me anyway. image
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Eric - nice original coins with typical flat strikes - I look at the left arm in the center of the coin to make a determination as to the strike. Most coins of these years seem to have that undefined look there. I'd guess MS63 range on these.

Frank
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Thanks for the comments. This is where I have trouble with Walkers, trying to determine whether you are dealing with strike weakness or rubs. I'm not very experienced in these, so I am probably going to pass them along to someone who is.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Very nice coins. I love the toning.

1.MS62 on the first
    2.MS64 on the second.

Brian.
  • Options
    Very purty. I have a couple that have almost the same toning that were pulled from a Dansco Deluxe album.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    That is what I was thinking, something like a Dansco album.

Anyhow, I have so many Morgans to deal with that I have agreed to pass these along to another board member at my cost.
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, attractive pieces - but strictly speaking, AU-58s. Or "commercial UNCs", if you will. But they are not strict MS. Just pieces that would look well in a nice album set.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of thumb separation detail is disappointing, but then again it may well be poor strike for those years as suggested by others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file