Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1949S Roosie MS67FB opening for $5000!!!!!!

rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3029259886&category=39459

Link please. I would think you should at least get a picture for a $5000 roosie dime????imageimage
"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
rainbowroosie April 1, 2003

Comments

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1949S Roosevelt PCGS MS67 FB Pop 4/0

But it is nicely toned. Those words alone should make the price meaningless.image
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    No picture, who is going to put out $5K without a picture of the coin!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get this at all. I think the seller knows better then to put up an auction like this. I think he's fishing
    to see if there's some registry fever here and since one of the top set holders is new to the Roosie game
    to see if he may bite. Nobody will bite on this one. Get the coin in a PC 68FB holder and then we'll see
    some action. IMO at this time the coin is an $800 - $1200 coin tops. Six months from now when the pops
    should be at 80% for FB it could be less or it be more.

onlyroosiesimage
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently own 2/4 1949(s) in PCGS-MS67FB. I felt a value on the coins was far closer to OnlyRoosies assessment. Perhaps somewhat higher, but, of course, nowhere near the level of the auction. The only reason I have not offered one out yet is one is blast white and the other is beautifully toned and I don't know which one to sell image

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Sell the white one....nobody likes toned roosiesimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    If someone bids on this coin...it proves there IS one sucker born every minute.......
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    I agree, this is a $700 coin.

Brian.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file