Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Full Torchy wannabies?

I found these 1955's recently - was wondering if the roosevelt gurus might want to assess as to their full torchyness!

Thanks!

Frank

Comments

• Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    hard to tell, this is where a scan works better then a pic..... the middle 55s may just do it......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    The bottom one looks close. The pictures are a little bright. Must be that Alabama sunshine!!image
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭✭
    The first one looks like a D mint. The other 2 look like FB to me.
  • Options
    ColorfulcoinsColorfulcoins Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Craig
    If I had it my way, stupidity would be painful!
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    #1 Yes
    #2 No
    #3 No

But what do I know, just an opinion!
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a minority opinion among roosie collectors, but "who cares if it is FT?" The best struck white roosie is still a "roll coin." If you care about strike, buy proof coins.imageimage
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140

<< <i>"who cares if it is FT?" The best struck white roosie is still a "roll coin." If you care about strike, buy proof coins. >>

Like this one? image

• Options
    Not bad, but we want MORE color!!!!!image
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    jeffnpcbjeffnpcb Posts: 1,943
    imagerainbowroosie, buying proof coins does not guaranty a full strike and clear features! It's a method of production and I have a bunch of proofs in Roosevelts and Franklins that do not share a FB or FBL! Unless they are the first out of the dies and handled with kid gloves, they will never make the designation regardless of production methods.
    HEAD TUCKED AND ROLLING ALONG ENJOYING THE VIEW! [Most people I know!]

NEVER LET HIPPO MOUTH OVERLOAD HUMMINGBIRD BUTT!!!

WORK HARDER!!!!
    Millions on WELFARE depend on you!
  • Options
    I certainly agree there are clunker proofs out there, but the percentage of full struck proofs versus the percentage of full struck MS coins is always miles apart.image trying to find proofs with pretty color is challenging for many series, especially 1950 and later.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file