Home U.S. Coin Forum

How much should I ask...

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
for a 1986 $25.00 1/2 ounce Gold Eagle that was worn as a necklace in a bezel. It's got obvios scratches as to be expected. Would it even be worth spot price? Just the coin/no bezel. It will be sold on Ebay and the details of the coin WILL be listed in the details...

Thanks...

Comments

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Bullion value only max. But probably start it at a slight discount. Like at the gold bid amount for the weight. And if people bid it up, that's their prob.
  • USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea thanks...I'll either do that or start it at a dollar or something and let the market decide. That way nobody can complain...Thanks again
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have just pm'ed you, but you have the feature off. In any case, don't worry if it doesn't get bid on right away. Alot of people will wait to near the closing of a bullion auction so as not to get burned by fluctuating bullion prices. When I'm shopping I will often bid just under bv, amount adjusted by shipping and handling charges, and hope I get lucky...it works once in awhile but I am usually well outbid in the end. What is your ebay name? image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file