Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

LET'S HELP WHITEWASHQTR OUT

ERER Posts: 7,345
I read last night that Whitewashqtr 's son 's coin collection was stolen. Feel pretty bad for the kid.
Here is what I am proposing to fellow board members who are willing: Each one of us sends the kid a coin or two. This will not replace his loss, but I think will easy his pain.
I am sending a 1964 Kennedy Half, a 1984 Olympic Silver Dollar Comm., a 1987 U.S. Constitution Silver Dollar Comm., and a 1988 Olympic Silver Dollar Comm. Not much, but I hope will help.

Whitewashqtr, if you e-mail me and let me know where to send, be glad to to do it.
quangvu@earthlink.net

What do you guys say?

Comments

• Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for it.......I have an extra 2003 clad proof set and several other coins I would contribute. Just let me know where to mail em.
    imageimage

• Options
    JRJR Posts: 476
    Count me in please. I'm in for several nice certified coins. Let me see what all I can come up with.

Jim
  • Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    Get me a postal address and this is his....Ken.
    ..image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    thats terrible news...... how about I send a 56 Belair?

I've got some coins ready to go.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Hey Lucy, Send me the Belair!! I'm old enough!!image
  • Options
    Seriously, count me in also. I have some PCGS red Lincolns I can contribute. I also have some raw.
    PM me an address. image
    Glenn
  • Options
    Hey, I was eleven when I started collecting, if I had quit after such a rip off, you guys wouldn't have made so much money from me. I am very glad to help. I have several surprises I will be happy to send.

Just PM me your address and the surprise box will be on it's way, dave
    gravity--it's the law.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in...I could send "a little something" that he might find interesting--and if something else suits his taste better then he can give selling a try and buy something he likes even better! Just let me know where to contribute.

• Options
    RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for an ASE, some proof sets.image
  • Options
    I have an extra 2000 proof set. Please PM me and I'll mail it out right away.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Please PM me I have 1999 - 2002(20)state quarter coins gold plated, not much numismatic value but kind of nice to look at. Glad to help I will look and see what else I have.

Bigern
  • Options
    What kindness! You guys restore my faith in humanity.image
    Now if only Whitewashqtr would let us know where to send his son our coins.image
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    I'm in - post the address and I'll send something image
  • Options
    Im in also ,i have a few morgans in AU condition i can send. i know its not much but just let me know where to send them . i dont post here that much and i guess im one of the lurkers but i have gotten some good help on this forum and its nice to be able to return the favor.
    john
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
    I've got a few coins I could send. Count me in.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Morgan dollar collection was stolen from my room when I was twelve. (Thankfully, it didn't dampen my enthusiasm for the hobby!) For my thirteenth birthday (hint, hint!), my parents bought me a small safe.

WHITEWASHQTR, please PM me with your mailing address.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Have a thing or two that might be of interest to Whitewashqtr's YN

PM w/ address and I would be happy to send.

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    MY SON FOUND HIS COLLECTION!! WE FEEL REALLY EMBARRASSED!! image

His collection was transferred to a bigger box (actually a trunk). He hasnt looked at his coins in at least a month and I guess his collection is getting too big for the box he had and forgot that he transferred it. Boy.. does he feel like a bonehead!

Your generosity and compassion is without words that I can express. I am overwelmed that you guys would not only take the time to help out someone who is hurting, but would do so without even thinking twice about it! You have enhanced my faith of the wonderful people in our hobby which is why it makes it so special.

We want to thank everyone for all their input and generosity but there is no need to send anything. It is truly appreciated and you guys are simply AMAZING!! Your willingness to help out has been enough!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!

Well, at least it ended well!! Even if we are a bit embarrassed. Thanks again everyone!! I just may take him to the coin shop anyway today!! And go shopping for a safe!!

WWQ

HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    Great news, WWQ.

Everyone puts their coins away for next time. imageimage
  • Options
    Well, I guess if the collection is found, I won't have to part with my $1 million 1913 Liberty nickel!
    Just kidding. image
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    When he saw all the things people were sending he was disappointed he found his collection!! LOL.

But you can ship the Liberty Nickel to me instead.

WWQ
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    Update!! Send all coins to be donated to me!!image
    Glenn
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    ER
    Count me in.Send me the address,I'm sure I can find something.imageimage
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    FC57CoinsFC57Coins Posts: 9,140
    Good to hear - it's always nice to find coins where you least expect them huh? image
  • Options
    baccarudabaccaruda Posts: 2,588 ✭✭
    Sign me up for a pile of nicely toned nickels. just send me the address.
    1 Tassa-slap
    2 Cam-Slams!
    1 Russ POTD!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file