Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Pair of twin end roll toned Morgans

This is a twin pair of end roll Morgans I have in my collection. One has the obverse toned and the other the reverse. They are both in old NGC MS64 slabs.

MBcoin has a raw pair for sale in his eBay store for the tidy sum of $2,450 (I have no connection with MBcoin)

Anyone else have a pair to share?
USAF vet 1951-59

Comments

• Options
    GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    littlewicherlittlewicher Posts: 1,822 ✭✭
    Wow, those are some really awesome coins! Did you get the coins out of an original roll, or did you buy them raw already out of a roll, or did you buy them already in the slab? lol, so many questions

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever.
    -Laura Swenson

In memory of BL, SM, and KG. 16 and forever young, rest in peace.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW, really great looking Morgan's. Is the color really that bright? NICE!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Stunning coins!

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I purchased this pair already slabbed and am sure they are MS65s today. If you can believe it, the colors are more vivid then the pictures show.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    Ooopss. Pardon me, I'm drooling!!!!!!!!!! image
    K

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
    moments that take our breath away.
  • Options
    I would be willing to bet the 2450 dollars that yours are much superior to the ones that are for sale by MBCOIN. JMHO. image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    I'll buy the pair for $300 since that is all they bring on eBay. image
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Hey those are really neat! The only pair of matching endrollers I have are some old PCGS 1S2 Sample Slabs with dimes in them.

Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    No one has posted another pair which leads me to ask, has anyone encounted twins like this before? I would like to know how rare they are. They are not for sale.

Thanks
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • Options
    ArtRArtR Posts: 474 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No one has posted another pair which leads me to ask, has anyone encountered twins like this before? >>

Over the years I have seen quite a few that carried the same coloration, normally out of the same roll, but the geometrics would be different.
    I would say that today an end roll coin with nice color and well defined geometrics are few and far between in the marketplace.
    If It doesn't have great eye appeal, I don't want it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file