Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Where's all the 2003 pennies

Here in Louisville,Ky they usually show up in Feburary. Haven't seen one yet! image

Comments

• Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    I'm hoarding themimage
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    Got a couple in my pocket right now. Just started seeing them last week...Ken
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I've been seeing them here for a couple months.
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of 2003 D everything here in Arizona
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one this afternoon. ("P" mint).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    spent the first and only one I've seen last night
  • Options
    izzy452izzy452 Posts: 929
    Started getting them in Michigan a couple of months ago.

Walt
  • Options
    rwhiterwhite Posts: 326
    I've recieved lots of D's and a few P's here in CA
    -Ryan-
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭
    That's one thing we have a tone of here in San Diego. As a matter of fact, I've seen plenty of 03 pennies, nickels and dimes, just no quarters.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    I have seen only one 2003 Lincoln (P) here in southern Maryland.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here in North carolina, I usually see the first coins of the year by Mid february at the latest. This year has been the longest that i can remember before seeing the first coins of the year. In fact, it was not until last week that the first 2003 Lincoln cent showed up.
  • Options
    DaveGDaveG Posts: 3,535
    Here in northern New Jersey, I got my first 2003 cent last week. I haven't seen any 2003 nickels or dimes yet, and I've only seen one Alabama quarter.

Check out the Southern Gold Society

• Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    I'm in Oregon and I have been seeing them since late Jan.

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Just looked at my pocket change and I do have a '03-D Lincoln. I seem to recall that they have been available in this area for quite some time.
    What I hadn't seen are '03 Jeffersons. Just the same mixed earlier dates. None of the 3 major banks here had solid rolls of 2003 5¢. To get some, I was able to order a box.

Fixed. That better? Just another senior moment.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>None of the 3 major banks here had solid rolls of 1903 5¢. To get some, I was able to order a box. >>

Rolls of 1903s??
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I haven,t seen any 2003 nickels or dimes here in louisville either. Plenty of state quarters!! image
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    I can report one `03 Jeff from circulation in west Houston.I havnt gotten the an anticipated BU roll yet though.

Found a couple Roosies for this year,with more and more Lincolns starting to show up.

Plenty of Alabamas around. Looking for a Maine soon I guess.

• Options
    I haven't seen any 2003 nickels yet. I've handled lots of 03-D cents and a couple of 03-D dimes. Of course, the statehood quarters are here in force. This report is from Fort Worth, TX.image
    The strangest things seem suddenly routine.
  • Options
    richbeatrichbeat Posts: 2,288
    I've seen several rolls of dimes that had, on average, eight to ten 2003 dates mixed in with the others. I've seen a handful of 2003 cents and exactly one 2003 nickel, all Denver mint. I'd say that the drop in mint production plus Coinstar are the reasons. They're being released, just not in the quantity as in years past. Certain parts of the country seem to have more than other parts. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file