Home U.S. Coin Forum

BM Kingswood New Castle Sale: anyone win any lots?

I see alot of material went back to their consignors. Especially the pre 1913 halves. The two reeded edge halves didn't sell and they got strong money given how ugly they were. Market is not THAT strong!

The 1797 Sheldon S-123, B-12. 4-. MS-65 RB (PCGS) went for $26k despite a major reed mark to the face! Ouch! Nice coin otherwise but that mark was a turnoff, I don't care how rare ir nice the rest of the coin is.

Anyone win any lots? I bid on one coin which did not sell. Would have bid more but there were only 10 gold coins in the auction.

Comments

• mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Yep, I think I won about 7 or 8 coins. I'll know for sure tomorrow, their site isn't very good for following up on results.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com
  • The Prices Realized results are available on the B & M site.

I bid on several Buffalos but did not meet the reserve price and the lots did not sell. It appears that some of the reserves on the Buffalos were unrealistic. Nice coins but not that nice. I did not see them in person so perhaps I'm missing something.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭
    I won one lot I was bidding on, an IHC. Hopefully Shylock will post a thread with some interesting pictures of it, we both thought it to be a special coin. I bid on one other coin but didn't meet its reserve, a 64 red 1891 IHC.
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I went through that catalog in a heartbeat. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the "market", or the content of the auction. I didn't bid on much, and wasn't too excited to try and find something to bid on. image
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file