Home U.S. Coin Forum

Is it wrong to get emotionelly attached to your favorite coins

Even when i was on the hunt for coins, i bought very few because so few have what it takes to really grab me. So when i buy a coin the eye appeal must have a special effect on me, but i wonder sometimes if i get to attached to my "shiney ittle round pieces of metal"

How about you ? Les
The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.

Comments

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    loves our precious, yes we does
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Les....know the feeling very well. The worst part of being this way......is having to keep most of the really valuable pieces safely tucked away in a bank vault! The world is not what it once was......and the days of casually having your prized pieces out on display for all to see(and enjoy!) are long gone.

At least on the registry (mine is NGC)........i get to look at the pictures anytime i want......front and back!
    The Ex-"Crown Jewel" of my collection! 1915 PF68 (NGC) Barber Half "Eliasberg".

Once again resides with Legend, the original purchaser "raw" at live Eliasberg auction. Laura and i "love" the same lady!

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    I even get a little emotionally attached to some of the ones I buy only to sell.

Russ, NCNE
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    Sure do, can't seem to sell one, unless I find one better, and even then I have a hard time and the price better be right.
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I agree. My favorite coins, the ones I consider untouchable, really are. They are locked away in a vault, and visiting hours are limited.image
  • This is a hard one for me. I have several that I thought I'd never sell. But times change and I'm in the process of selling my collection. There is most definitely an emotional pull involved.

There will only be a few raw ones left when it's over. I'll be glad to have them... Russ' AH, my Peace, labmom's little gathering, and Pushkin's IHC...
  • CLASSICSCLASSICS Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

<< <i>Even when i was on the hunt for coins, i bought very few because so few have what it takes to really grab me. So when i buy a coin the eye appeal must have a special effect on me, but i wonder sometimes if i get to attached to my "shiney ittle round pieces of metal"

How about you ? Les >>

......................you sound like me, few have what it takes to turn me on.....yes the eye appeal is everything..do we get attached..you bet......and theres nothing wrong with that.......if ever sold, it could take years to find another one like it...........i have a few put away which i purchased back in the 1960,s........could have sold them many times over for what i paid.......geeeee, it would be like selling one of the kids............but, i dont care what they are worth, when ever i see them, they some how take me back to the old collecting days., and i enjoy them just as much today as the day i bought them.......image
  • RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭✭
    On the one hand, one shouldn't get attached to inanimate objects. but on the other hand, no. image
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit of advice via one Bruce Williams "Never fall in love with something that can't love you back."

Be that as it may it is sometimes tough to part with yer little round metallic friends especially those that are hard to find in the first place.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    it's wrong NOT to get emotionally attached to your favorite coins. if you don't, you don't belong in this hobby!

K S
  • michaelmichael Posts: 9,524 ✭✭
    for me......................

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes
    yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it is wrong

sincerely michael
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭
    dorkkarl, I AGREEimage
  • dorkkarl, Right-on! image
    In response to a UFO story: "If it wasn't a plane, it just may have been something else."-George Noory
  • If you're not emotionally attached you're not a collector, you're a dealer.image
    In response to a UFO story: "If it wasn't a plane, it just may have been something else."-George Noory
  • It's perfectly normal until you start fantisizing about your coins during sex.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    agentjim007, your sick!

(which is 1 of your positive attributes)

K S
  • 1jester1jester Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭
    Derry, welcome to the forums.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file