Home U.S. Coin Forum

Littleton Coins

I'm a new member and I saw both good and bad posts about Littleton Coins. Well, I inherited my father's coin collection and I see that he bought a fair amount of coins from them. He bought them years ago. If I want to sell them on ebay, is it good to post that some of these coins came from them? (They are still in their little bags). They are Indians, Lincolns, different kinds of nickels, quarters and halves. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.Thank you.

Ed Mack

PS I can help anybody about saxophones or German Shepherds
eddye_2001

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No harm in posting where they came from, I reckon.

Littleton gets bashed a lot for outrageous markups, not crappy coins, as far as I know.

From what I've seen, the quality of what they sell is OK, for those willing to pay the price.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Littleton sells their coins to novice and unsuspecting collectors for 500-2000% of retail. They are
    absolute scumbags. Welcome to the forum and attribute this to a bad experience, . Please don't hesitate to ask questions. You'll get objective and good advise here. There are serious and honest collectors and dealers here.
    On average, expect to realize about 1-10% of what he paid for them on the label from a local coin
    shop.

Brian.
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    I think that LM is right. Littleton has no need to overgrade with the way that they overprice. If you have no Ebay rating, at least not with coins, I'd probably fess up to where they came from. People will also know that you didn't tamper with them if they are still in those wrappers like the ones on the top of a lollipop that the bank gives your kid.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Thanks guys for the info. I have many coins, proof sets, mint sets and a ton of Commemorative Coins. He bought some loose coins from them and I have no idea what he paid for them. This is so foreign to me and I think I would do better on ebay than to take them to a local dealer. If this was music, I would be very comfortable. My son sells alot of musical instruments and different things on ebay and has a 100% positive feedback. He also has a great Sony Digital Camera that takes great pics. So I will pay him the commission for listing them for me. May as well keep it in the family, right? I'm gonna keep his beautiful Lincoln Collection. He put alot of time in that. And I'm keeping the Gold and Morgans. But there still is alot of nice coins. Again, thank you all for your help. This is a really nice forum. The people are well informed and very helpful. Thanks again!
    Ed
    eddye_2001
  • sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I am not sure eBay is better than local coin shop -

it depends alot on your pictures and your ability to write good copy.
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    seen a lot of littleton coins, & i believe their grading to be remarkably accurate. you should include images of the invoices if possible, along w/ the coins. that would make for a great education

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file