Home U.S. Coin Forum

Now with a numismatic spin! Auction title: "COIN OWNED BY GHOST IN A JAR - NO JOKE!"

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
Linky-Boo image

One of our own members, of course. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    what is their name?

man I thought Adrian could write up some stuff

good reading
  • ToneloverTonelover Posts: 1,554
    I don't believe that story for a second. I mean come on, if the ghost really followed him all the way home it would have seen where he stashed the Quarter and wouldn't have needed to go digging through the girl's purse and have to be saying things like "return my coin". It could have just taken the quarter back itself. I think it's just a scam.
  • Would have probably gotten a higher price if he was selling it in October.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    As frightening as the ghost is, he's no numismatist, I don't think he can figure out which quarter is his, but he gets really upset when he sees state quarters for some reason.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • bozboz Posts: 1,405
    A lightside coin with a connection to the Darkside?

I ain't afraid of no ghost. In fact I could use the company. Is he good a conversation, and does he like beer?image
    The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it--James Truslow Adams
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Is it legal to dig for coins at a gravesite?----BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • 1964???? When did the person die? If it's so terrible.....take the coin back. Crack head in progress if you ask me.
  • Why does a person go to a graveyard to dig coins? More than likely to rob graves I think......

Grave robbing numismatist or just a grave robber?

To funny
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Someone ought to bid on it with the user id "ghostbusters."
  • All we need now is the Slabcaddy "that held the coin owned by the ghost in a jar". image
  • NumisEdNumisEd Posts: 1,336
    Someone ought to bid on it with the user id "ghostbusters." image

All we need now is the Slabcaddy "that held the coin owned by the ghost in a jar". image
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    See the faint glow around Washington's head? Scary.
  • TassaTassa Posts: 2,373 ✭✭
    Well, at least he's doing the responsible thing by putting it up for auction instead of putting it in circulation where any unsuspecting person could risk being haunted by an unfriendly spirit just for receiving change from buying a Happy Meal. image
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I see some folks here have bid on it, just don't say I didn't warn you!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    Anybody besides me thinking of buying this coin and having it shipped to their ex-wife?

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Too Late!! Sold for $52,000+ image
  • That quarter belongs to the ghost of my icon and he wants it back!

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with all these "Ghost in a Jar" auctions is that soon the bulk Wheat penny sellers will climb on the bandwagon. You pay for a ghost in a jar, and all you'll get is some crappy, common poltergeist.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file