Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anybody who's in to toned early material might want to check out this guy's listings.

Comments

• jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    I have bought and sold items from this seller and can say his photos are pretty close. some of them look a little wierd but he has a return policy so no worries. the coin below was purchased from him

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I bid (on some of his other auctions), but that coin in the safety deposit story sounds a little too like the grandfather story. Story aside, some of those coins are nice despite not being slabbed.
  • I strongly doubt that any of these are originally toned - but what the heck do I know.
    Singapore
  • I'm confused againimage , what could possibly be the reasons they are not slabbed?

John

Enjoy the day.........
  • Some very nice artificially toned coins. They would never make it into a "real" slab.
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tough call on whether AT. Based on the reserves and sale prices doesn't look like much (if any) premium was being asked or paid for just because of the toning - at least on the ones that were of interest to me. There was a bust half that went for over Trends, but it was unique in that it had a double profile. Also can't imagine anyone AT ing a Proof 65 Indian Head that ended up selling for half of what Trends has valued same. (of course since it wasn't slabbed it may not actually qualify for a PCGS or NGC PF65 - but in the photo it looked the part.)
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    ohbaby

the coinI posted was not AT
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm confused again , what could possibly be the reasons they are not slabbed? >>

uhhh, maybe because slabs suck?

couple of those coins are very nice, based strictly on the digi-pic

K S

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file