Home U.S. Coin Forum

great dealers........thought you should hear about one

hi all, recently a board member had an item on ebay that i was interested in, but could not come up with the money all at once (he was asking $500.00) i asked if the auction went without bidders, could i pay him the $500.00 in two payments.

he replied that since he saw me on the forum that he would let me have the item for $400.00. i was grateful and sent the $400.00, and he packaged it with another great coin for free in a ngc box, free, and payed for insured shipping out of his own pocket.

i will never forget his kindness, and thought you should know.

his handle is mdwoods, thanks again mark!

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Yep, Mark rocks, even if he is a liberal. image

Russ, NCNE
  • krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Mark is a good guy, indeed.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    Mark is a good guy. We're lucky to have people like him on the forum even though his sense of humor is a little out there. Sorry Mark, I mean way, way, way out there.
  • ERER Posts: 7,345
    Nice to hear about good story like this one.image
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Ike!
    ...I mean I like Mark! image

He truly is a great person image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    There are some great people on this board! I've dealt with quite a few and each one has been a smooth transaction.
  • cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    Mark gets imageimage in my book.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • mbbikermbbiker Posts: 2,873
    Mark is a great guy, its always a wonderful experince dealing with him.
  • nuckleheadnucklehead Posts: 1,500
    Mark is super nice,I met him last week at the L.B.show and he's very down to earth guy.
    Friends are Gods way of apologizing for your relatives.
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    nalamolly, could you please tell us the type of coin and grade? thanks

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind words. It was my pleasure. I'm glad your entrance into the boards has been a good one. There are tons of
    super people here. Plus coins, information, and possible contacts. None of us here is perfect, well maybe a couple, but the place is certainly worthwhile. I won't say that about very many things at all. mdwoodsimageimage
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    mdwoods, what is your e-bay handle? can you post a link to your auctions?
  • merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    Mark is a stand up guy.I had the pleasure to meet him at the Baltimore show.I can assure you he is as funny in person.image
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns

• << <i>mdwoods, what is your e-bay handle? can you post a link to your auctions? >>

Yeah, can you post that link or tell us your handle?
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • Mark is a very polite and gracious person to talk with, had the pleasure of meeting him last month at The Ritchfield, Oh. show. image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    I don't have many ebay auctions anymore, but when I do my ebay id is the same as my id here on the boards. mdwoods

It was a pleasure meeting you Dave. I'm glad we got a chance to chat for a bit.image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This story does not surprise me knowing it was Mark. Class personified image

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • ZerbeZerbe Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Even though I have not met him yet, but plan to at the ANA, I have formed a very high favorable opinion from his posts and PMs.image
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if he had only included an autographed Elvis Impersonation photo......... The guy has a real heart and like a true caped superhero champions the rights of the little guy.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The member in question is a class act all the way. I say that from transactional experience. imageimageimage

Truly a great guy, even if he is a millwright.

(Whatever that is.) image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file