Home U.S. Coin Forum

Any one have this Problem with Grades & Grading?

I did a submission with NGC.

Every one of my Toned blue/ purple or other color Jeffersons were sent still sealed in the mint cello. NGC did not grade one of the 5 I sent in. Said PVC on every one. I am shocked because I have sent the same kind in to PCGS in mint cello with no problems.

Is NGC not slabbing toned Proof Jeffersons? What a waste of my money!! Very unhappy with my first submission over there. 11 coins and half were no grades due to PVC but they all were in mint sealed cello.

Lori image

This peace Graded MS64, at least that was good.

This is a MS69

Comments

• Happy Birthday Lori!!image
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    I would call them up and ask them. If they were in mint cello, they blew it. Insist on talking to someone in authority. mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • The coins were shipped yesterday and I cant ask now. The lady said that just because a coin is in the mint cello does not mean it can not have PVC. She said if I really had a problem with it I could ship them back and a grader will call me an explain why they were graded like that. I WILL be doing that because I am pretty steamed about this.

Lori
  • mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭
    The lady (at NGC) said that just because a coin is in the mint cello does not mean it can not have PVC.

Can this be true? Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I added the (at NGC). mdwoods
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    You should post this on the NGC board so they can answer to it.
    That's what I do when I have an NGC issue and they explain it.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like that ASE! The bagged mine image I caught them on a BAD day
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    It seems there is some problem there. I posted yesterday that many of the coins in my submission came back as improperly cleaned. Maybe one of the graders is getting a divorce.image

I'm waiting for my coins also, as I will also be sending them back.

Bill
    "Have a nice day!"
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I've never submitted any coins still in the cello, but I have HEARD, that the PVC label is a broad one, and sometimes oils or other chemicals/compounds from production can be left on the coin, still in the cello, and can be mistaken for PVC, or labeled as PVC, for a lack of a better description on the bodybag.
    I've heard of coins "still in the cello" that have been bagged, with enough frequency, to make me feel that if I were to submit any, they would get a little acetone bath, before they headed into the shop.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file