Home U.S. Coin Forum

Coin Prices 1997 - 2003

HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
An interesting feature of the DLRC site is data on previous list prices for coins currently available. Although many coins have no prior price data, others were listed 5 or 6 times since 1997.

I searched through a large number of current offerings, plus the data on the coins I have purchased from DLRC, and a quite consistent trend occurs -- for most services, a very high degree of price stability, but little increase.

I would have guessed that prices had increased over the past six years, but rather, stability seems to be the trend. A few series (some vey early type, and some with registry interest, such as Lincolns) have increased, but a large majority seem very flat. I could not find any that seem to have a downward trend over this six year period.
Higashiyama

Comments

• krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    NN had an interesting article this week or last about the movement of key date prices from 1998-today in different series.

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file