Home U.S. Coin Forum

Slammed Again (Another Bogus Negative on eBay)

I probably don't have to explain too much here, since it is so obvious. Check out my feedback, then look at the two auctions in question.

K6AZ's Feedback

Comments

• LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭
    didn't I tell you if you want positives you better start selling high end Frankies?
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Catch22Catch22 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭
    You might consider not taking bids from people with less than 10 or so feedback ratings. This guy is obviously registering just to buy something so he can neg you.

I think Ebay should remove these from your profile...it's pretty obvious what is going on.

When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.

Thomas Paine
  • Maybe, we should block this guy from bidding on our coins.
    I for one will keep a lookout.
    That feedback WAS NOT warranted.

Samimage
  • DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    Amazing....an NGC submitter with a feedback rating of 2. The only coins purchased were your two "problem" coins. image
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Any chance your recent feedback problems are related to other numismatic "interests" of yours? That was my first thought...

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    The most amusing part of all this is the fact that those coins were already in NGC holders!

This was another obvious setup. And what really stinks is I think there is one more on the way.

What really troubles me over all this is I am going to have to request bidders have a feedback of at least 10. I hate to do this because some of the most enthusiastic, nice bidders have been new bidders. But I just can't risk having my eBay reputation destroyed. I count on my eBay sales for part of my income.
    Rella, that is exactly where this is coming from. This is direct fallout from Charlotte.
  • DCAMFranklinDCAMFranklin Posts: 2,862 ✭✭
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

By the way, your Feedback response is PURE chickencr@p! That is such a lame way of dealing with that stuff. Just stand up and take it like a man.

• PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    You are just a real bad guy imageimage

Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Not to be harsh, and I know you hate the negs, but I didn't think any less of you, until you started the "stooping to his level" feedbacks. Let it go...the better man will win out. Everybody can see that the problem is the other guy....Just my 2 cents....
    "Stooping to his level".. what does that mean? The guy obviously bid just to post negative feedback. It was an obvious setup, same as the last guy.
  • JJacksJJacks Posts: 759

K6AZ,

Sorry for you! This kind of thing makes me sick. I looked at your auctions and they are nice pictures and they are in the grading party holders and the buyers get a fair price and then they still have the gall to give you a negative feedback?! What a bunch of garbage! I can't believe that one guy would say he took the coin to a PCGS grader and he said that and off that one person's opinion (if it is even true) he gives you a neg! The coin only cost the guy $25!!!

I do consider you to be in my list of "good guys" because of your work against ACG, and I'm upset that this has happened to you.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
    Thanks JJacks, your response is typical of most people when they see this. These two tonight are so obvious. I mean, you buy two coins in NGC holders and you are going to send them to NGC? These two people (hunterguy and geraldazz) both posted bogus negatives claiming "doctored" and "recolored" coins. It is so obvious, but some people just don't get it even when you spell it out to them.
  • NoGvmntNoGvmnt Posts: 1,126
    "Took the coin to a PCGS dealer, he told me the coin was professionally doctored."

Who, in their right mind would "professionally doctor" a $24 Morgan?
    How utterly rediculous.
    I'm prety sure Brian (TBT) can explain how to get those negs removed.image
  • Are your two bidders the same person? Do you know who would want to hurt your reputation so badly? What happened in Charlotte?

So sorry for your situation. I think reasonable people will be able to see the truth of these negatives, though.
  • I sent him an email thru EBay:

geraldass, how did he recolor an NGC slabbed coin? I bought a couple of things from him and I really would like to know more info in case I have been taken for a ride too!

by the way, that is not a typo image I am sooooo waiting for a reply, let ya know if he fesses up why he really did it...

CIAO FOR NOW!

That's pretty funny Rick, definitely let me know what he says.

As far as removal, I posted a link in my response. Don't know if that will be enough to remove, and I didn't want to post any questionable language because word is they are booting people for doing it.

<< <i>Are your two bidders the same person? Do you know who would want to hurt your reputation so badly? What happened in Charlotte?

So sorry for your situation. I think reasonable people will be able to see the truth of these negatives, though. >>

I was part of the Barry Stuppler case against Accugrade at the ANA hearing. Things started happening after the hearing, and bogus negatives on eBay is just one of them. You don't have to look any further than ACG.
  • I penned this as part of an EBay auction for a coin I am selling. Does this mean the ACG thugs will come after me too?

<< <i>NO RESERVE ~ the one you see, is the one you get! ~ coin serial #3653007, graded AU58 by PCGS, a REAL grading service, not by ICG, SEGS, PCI, or ACG ~ >>

Probably not. Their problem with me is the website, and she said as much at the hearing. They don't like a site with negative information about them around, especially one that is currently running at about 1.5 GB of bandwidth per month, and that is a lot for a numismatic information site.
  • You might be able to have this neg. removed by e-bay only because the coin was slabbed by a professional grading co. You might want to try that. The only thing you have to worry about is "E-bay might Neg. you for trying to get rid of it".
    leon
  • wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭
    Probably the same scumbag. Obviously fallout from the recent crusade against the demonic forces of evil.

Brian
  • dorkkarldorkkarl Posts: 12,691 ✭✭✭
    all the noise aside, that 1896 morgan is extremely attractive

K S
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Oh, that hurts!! image
    K6AZ you were clearly framed by somebody you pissed off on RCC or an ACG lacky. I don't know if just putting a url in the feedback will get it removed. I thought it had to be an actual hyperlink.

In 2 months the auctions will be out of the system so they can't be pulled up to see what the deal really is and that the buyer is lying. The bad buyers continue to get good feedback & improve their reputation & credibility. The guy that said PCGS rejected your coin even has a positive fron David Hall. All a potential buyer will see is that you are a hillbilly con artist from Virginia and your so-called "original bag" toned coins are a fraud.

If I were buying Morgans I would pass on you because you have a history of buyers saying you sold doctored coins that PCGS & NGC rejected.

I'm not saying that to be insulting K6AZ but your eBay reputation depends on more than the handfull of us here that know & trust you.
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Eric,

This may qualify as one of those very rare cases where eBay will actually do something about it.

If you read the eBay feedback removal policy, there is a category under which this falls.

<< <i>Participating in an eBay transaction with the intent of leaving feedback as part of a campaign to harass one or more members. >>

Clearly, that is what is happening here. I don't hold out much hope that eBay will do anything, but it's worth trying under that clause in their policy.

Russ, NCNE
  • TonekillerTonekiller Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Try square trade first. If that does not work then try eBay. We use Square Trade to help mediate disputes and it works most of the time. If you were targeted the buyer will not respond to the mediation and you can prove you tried to fix it.

TBT
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some good news! At least one of his NEG's was wrongly listed by him as a positive. He can't even get negging right! LOL

Tyler
  • tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope - go straight for the jugular. Get one of our resident attorneys to file a lawsuit against the bidders for constraint of trade/defamation of character/whatever the hell he figures will work. You must have personal information from their payment - use it against them. If you are absolutely convinced these are bogus negatives related to your ACG campaign, then you must go all out now to completely stop it in its tracks.
  • BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    I found something about your friend "hunter". He bought this coin on May 5th, and it ended up here for auctionimage-----------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    Lets try this again, ended May 12thText
    I'm glad I am a Tree
    Then the same coin is hereText
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336

All you people complaining about the way K6AZ is dealing with it are nuts.
    The feedback looks ridiculous now that you can follow the link. What about later when you can
    no longer see that the bidder is talking about an NGC slabbed coin? How will people know that
    the bidder is a liar and K6AZ is OK?

K6AZ is right and can deal with it however he likes (including putting the link in the response).

K6AZ,
    You can put the 10 feedback limit on bidders but anyone willing to buy multiple coins from you just
    to neg you is insane. I wouldn't put it past them to build up feedback just to neg you.

I would sue them for libel in small claims court.

My 2cents.
    -KHayse
  • BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭
    It's already in an NGC holder, but NGC staes that it was recolored? I don't get it. I'd say his beef is with NGC. Also, if he sent the coin back to NGC, I assume he must have broken it out of the original holder, otherwise NGC would have bought the coin back from him right?
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Ebay can remove feedback. Do some research, and use ebays feature to get the persons contact info. I'm sure they will be fake. Once they are established as fake accounts set up to harass you, you can take the info to ebay and have the feedback removed. Isn't it pretty obvious that its the ACG folks doing this?
  • TWQGTWQG Posts: 3,145 ✭✭
    BigE, the picture of the 03 platinum piece is a stock photo that all the bottom feeders have stolen from Tulving.
  • Coin Doctor...I mean...uhhh... K6AZ.image
    That neg sucks. I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you, though. You obviously do a big business on Ebay and have a large number of pos. feedbacks. Obviously, as you continue to sell coins and have happy customers the percentage will get more positive. It won't ever be 100% but "Oh Well." You can't really argue with 99.8, can you. Hell, I'd buy from you if it weren't for that 10 feedback rule you just started.image
    Just My 2 Cents,
    Big Mike <><

Let your roots grow down into him and draw up nourishment from him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all that he has done. --Colossians 2:7
  • airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    K6AZ,

Here's my idea- don't tell people who have less than 10 feedbacks that they cannot bid... instead, say something like the following:

"Due to recent events where I was attacked with unwarranted negative feedback after leaving a positive, I have implemented a policy where I will gladly leave feedback, however, I will do so following feedback being left for myself, which will leave my recourse against the few people who may still wish to attack me. I won't leave unwarranted feedback, and I won't withhold leaving feedback; I just need to hold it long enough to ensure my safety."

Or, you could change your seller's ID and not link the K6AZ page, but I doubt you'd want to do that.

Jeremy
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    those negs are starting to make you look bad, what a shame.....
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • And that "O" mint Morgan was solid for the grade.....nice looking coin for the price.
    I figure part of this was that it would look real bad once the auctions expired out of the system. I've already covered that angle:

http://www.k6az.com/3018820751.htm
    This becomes even more amusing:

Follow-up by geraldazz - cracked them out to upgrade came back recolored, never buy from you again

Follow-up by geraldazz - NEGATIVE , Cracked open to upgrade comes back recolored, Im new at this
    Oh, by the way when NGC bags a coin as AT, the bodybag says "Artificial Toning" not "recolored".
    When the auction expires the html link from your website will say: Invalid Item The item you requested ........has expired and is no longer available.

• cosmicdebriscosmicdebris Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭
    K6AZ do screen capture and save the page as a jpeg.

Bill

09/07/2006
  • Really, I'm wondering if he was going for an upgade, why would he risk taking the coin out of the holder? wouldnt you send it back in tact? like doing a cross over? totally bogus.... sorry image
    Like he was really going to spend $20 to upgrade it from a $30 coin to a $40 coin.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When the auction expires the html link from your website will say: Invalid Item >>

Dog,

I believe he saved the entire page and uploaded it to his own server. If that's the case, it will never expire.

Russ, NCNE
  • aknowaknow Posts: 115
    If you don't AT coins, why do you mention that you don't enhance colors in your auctions?
    Why would this occur to you if you don't perform or think about it?
    Dr. Steve
    aknow

Looking for uncirculated Indian Heads and PRS electric guitars
    I mention it because of the blatant photo manipulation that is common on eBay. It is also part of my return policy, if someone thinks the coin looks worse than the image I want them to send it back. I don't want to stick anyone with a coin they don't like.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file