Home U.S. Coin Forum

I smell a fish....revisited.....It's getting ripe. Story has ended, just got NARU'd

I've been watchng this guy. He just sold his first group of coins and he sold this and is buying this.. He sold some real nice large cents for less than he could of got from many dealers, Look at the 1796 he sold for a song 1796. A 1796 currently bids 1200 in vf and 2700 in xf. Thats one helluva vf. I'm waiting to see the neg.'s start rolling in...maybe I'm wrong but the guy that got the 1796 for 700 bucks ripped that puppy if it's legit.
**********************************************************************************************************
part 2. And the neg's begin. Doesn't own the 1803? why am I not surprised. Think he owns that 1793 1c now bid close to 6K? hope that guy reads the FB before shipping off the money. This guy is going downhill fast (read response airplanenut got). Someone here sold him some Large cents last night..wonder if you'll get paid.
**********************************************************************************************************
part 3. NARU'd an hour after writing part 2. Good luck to those who thought Christmas came early this year.

Comments

• sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    I would be reluctant to buy from someone who has no feedback from selling -

The pennys look like the denticles and date have been "enhanced or tooled" to me
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭
    Surely you didn't post these 3 auctions just to show us a successful coin dealer.
    What are trying to say Jim, that the 3 coins are Gallery or Royal Oak Mint reproductions with COPY tooled away?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    I don't think they're Royal w/copy tooled away. I'm not sure whats up but why do you sell a nice 1794 1c just to buy a crappy one back for almost the same money. Maybe nothings up, I find it suspicious.
  • Did you notice his "member since" date... Apr 1 2003.... ??
    Maurice
    Lurking with intent to loom
    I dunno Jim. I keep an eye on 97 stuff you know and I've seen him sell some junky 1797 ½ cents and buy some better 1797 large cents. Looks like he just buys & sells stuff.
    Beats me.
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    I was also thinking that it looks like a repro. It's too clean(no pun intended) to look that nice.
  • tjkilliantjkillian Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭
    Did you check out the 1793 wreath cent he has for sale? Now that looks like a NICE coin.

Link to 1793 Wreath cent on eBay

Tom
    Tom

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A conservative seller coming out of nowhere to sell on ebay for a song? And it ain't even Christmas yes. Las Vegas bookmakers place the odds of those being undamaged legit coins at 100:1. Wonder if you'll get the photographed coins?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
    Nice coin indeed! So which sheldon has a Y on the face?

• << <i>Did you check out the 1793 wreath cent he has for sale? Now that looks like a NICE coin.

<a class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11946&item=3027988490" target=blank>Link to 1793 Wreath cent on eBay</A>

Tom >>

Surely this isn't real, right?? It looks nothing like the picture in my coin digest.
    That humanity at large will ever be able to dispense with artificial paradises seems unlikely. Most men and women lead lives at the worst so painful, and at the best so monotonous, poor, and limited, that the urge to escape, the longing to transcend themselves, if only for a few moments, is and always has been one of the principal appetites of the soul.

Aldous Huxley

Yabba dabba doo.

Fred Flintstone

• Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    If the 93 is a fake I'd like to know who made it. I don't believe it is a GMM piece because they do not put the word Copy in such a position that it would match up with what appears to be the Y on the face, and I don't believe they used the S-6 variety for the model on the wreath cent that thye produced. The coin being sold is an exact match (or at least I haven't noticed a difference yet) for Sheldon 6.

Bumpy, there are seven different varieties of 93 wreath cent and they can look quite different so it can't be condemned as a fake just because it doesn't match the picture in your coin digest.
  • Thanks, Conder.
    That humanity at large will ever be able to dispense with artificial paradises seems unlikely. Most men and women lead lives at the worst so painful, and at the best so monotonous, poor, and limited, that the urge to escape, the longing to transcend themselves, if only for a few moments, is and always has been one of the principal appetites of the soul.

Aldous Huxley

Yabba dabba doo.

Fred Flintstone

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice coin indeed! So which sheldon has a Y on the face? >>

I asked him... his reply:
    --------

I think you are a fool and bored to death, find someone else to add your smart ass negectivism to jerk,,oohh UI am also assured your are god and know it all pal,,LOL

IT REAL JERK BUZZ OFF

--------

I think I pissed him off...
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • ttt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file