Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hockey guys

Any of you hockey collectors take advantage of the new special???
Was interested on how everyone else did with their latest submission.

Add any good stuff to your sets?

I was very impressed with my 9 day turnaround! #764122.

The grades... Guess i can't complain too much.
I'll be filling out a new submission in a few weeks.

BEN

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    clint malarchuk! i'll never forget when he nearly died on the ice after getting his throat cut by skate blade of the airborne leg of steve tuttle. crazy stuff. more blood than i've ever seen in any sports-related injury.

anyway, pretty good grades, ben. especially on the barret jackmans. i haven't checked lately, but i couldn't believe what raw sp authentic ones were going for when the blues were actually still in the playoffs. i'm sorta looking for some, but i'm not sure how much offensive upside he has. i think he's going to be a great player, but i'm not sure if he'll stay in the hobby spotlight if he only puts up 40 points a season. hopefully i'm wrong. that said, if you're planning on getting rid of it, i'd definitely be interested in the sign of the times card. i have a psa 9 hossa and have been thinking about working on a graded sott set.

i'll probably put together an invoice on that special later this month. i have a couple of v145-1 commons to submit along with a couple of '53s. i'll probably try out the crossover service too with an sgc 88 '53 red kelly. it's the first sgc card i ever bought and i must say that i really like their holders. there's never a sure thing in the grading game, but it looks as though it should cross to a psa 8.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Any issues with submitting a few stars on that invoice. Were you worried that PSA wouldn't grade them because of the "common" special?

Doug
    Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    Here was my last submission #8034736.
    I was alittle dissapointed that I did not get more 9's on some of the 72-73 OPC cards. These are tough to get in high grade.
    Ben in case you are wondering I will be listing all the 72's on Ebay when I get them. I will be sending in some more 72's shortly.
    I was also very impressed with my quick turnaround time.
  • Options
    Yawie:
    Those Jackman SP authentics have nearly tripled in value since the playoff's started. Used to be able to pick them up for $10 a piece. Think i'm gonna hold on to the SOTT card. I really like those a lot!
    I'm putting the PowerShift 9 tonite on the Bay. Anxious to see what that would go for since its #/500.
    Let me know how the crossovers go. I got a ton of BGS low numbered Pronger inserts to send in some day.

Doug:
    Didn't send in any cards that weren't commons. Thought i'd play by the rules this time. Seems like you can always get away with few though.

54topps:
    Nice submission! I'm wussing out on my 72 OPC set. Decided to list all of mine on Ebay also. It's just getting to difficult and expensive for me. Good luck with your auctions!

BEN

• Options
    hey, ben, it'll be interesting to see what your psa 9 power shift goes for. i'll keep an eye on it and will probably bid as well. there's a bgs 9 power shift on ebay right now. it's at $46 with less than a day to go. i think you need to put that psa 10 up. i bet it'd bring at least $125.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    I am putting a raw 72-73 set together in NM or better so I might be interested in some of those cards.
    Most of the cards I need are between numbers 211 and 289. I look forward to seeing them on ebay.

As for taking advantage of the special - I will be preparing something this week. Probably pre-war commons and some commons from the 50's. I just cannot see sending in post 1970 common cards with so few people working on completing graded sets from this time period.
  • Options
    I'm doing my best to take advantage of the special. Have a order of 225 cards in now with about another 125 on it's way.
    1954 Topps ..Let me know if you want to sell PSA 9 Angotti.
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    Howard

Do you have any 1971 OPC at PSA ? I purchased the Angotti 9

Randy
  • Options
    I sent in a handful of early 60's hockey. Two week turnaround. Super!
  • Options
    robstarrobstar Posts: 262

<< <i>I sent in a handful of early 60's hockey. Two week turnaround. Super! >>

Bingo33

Can you be more specific? Any 62 Parkhurst? LMK

To all you Hockey guys:

Are the 71 - 72 OPC's hot or what? Let's keep those submissions rolling.image

Rob...
    Collecting PSA Vintage Hockey
  • Options
    Yes, I have quite a few of those. Thinking about trying to build the set buty the cards keep on getting pricier and pricier. Email me if you want at Nuyauwka@aol.com
    If it's worth doing..It's worth overdoing!!
  • Options
    holy cow, ben! $224.50. i had a feeling you'd do very well with that card, but that price is awesome. congrats, man.