Home U.S. Coin Forum

Speaking of Coin Doctors, this must be where the real ones get their supplies

Stujoe posted this over on RCC. Unbelievable, I can't believe someone could be so blatant.

Get your doctoring supplies here

Comments

• nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that nothing can really be done about it.
  • LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    I prefer the little hot oven and the chemicals on ebay bit.... much more vivid colors with this technique...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Get a rope...image
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    Name's Allen Stockton...reckon his eBay ID is Allen Swimmer?
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    I seen this site before. This is the same guy used by Jade Coins. Look about half way down the page.
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of the guestbook, I found this entry hilarious!

<< <i>i have an 1922 one dollar coin. it is in mint condition and it has the american eagle on the back of it. it also says E PLURIBSUNUM under united states of america. and the eagle is sitting on a rock that says peace on it this is on the tails part. it looks like the statue of liberty lady is on the front of it. please email me if you are intrested in buying this priceless coin. >>

• Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I read the guest book till my mind started going numbness from the dumbness....
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • I added one:

I have a few pairs of Morgan silver dollars that have unattractive debris/toning from being stored on cadaver's eyelids for many years. Can this type of damage be repaired?
    Paul Kersey <PKersey@hsiwhtaed.com>
    Tombstone, AZ USA - Saturday, May 31, 2003 at 19:45:35 (EDT)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • TrooperTrooper Posts: 1,450
    >>I have a few pairs of Morgan silver dollars that have unattractive debris/toning from being stored on cadaver's eyelids for many years. Can this type of damage be repaired? <<<
    That's funny!!!!
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Gee, I wonder where the Tombstone idea came from...

• Hey! There's a guest book that has a lot of Doctors included! Frigging Dummies!! image
  • I was rather surprised by that site myself when I looked it up. Even more so since it is a regular advertiser in the Numismatist.
    I can see some restoration and ‘curating’ but when you have a coloring kit and advertise it with paint samples and state:
    "Now you can have the beautiful browns on your copper coins and tone your silver from the rim to the center as you wish. Coin Color Kit also comes with a buffing cloth and basic instructions."
    I think that is way into promoting coin doctoring.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    Stu, all you have to do is look on eBay and you can see examples all over the place. I can think of a couple of sellers who are probably big customers of his.
  • That is very true. Sad, but true.
    Time sure flies when you don't know what you are doing...

CoinPeople.com || CoinWiki.com || NumisLinks.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file