Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Clock

MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
At my last coin club meeting, I bought this in our auction. I have never seen something like this and I thought it was cool.

clock1

The previous owner told me he won it back in 1970. It is about 22 inches by 14. 1964 kennedy halves were used at 3 and 9 o'clock. The quarters and dimes are all 1964. The coins are in a plexiglass insert in the middle so they are not glued to the back. What made it really nice was it used uncirculated Morgans for 12 and 6 o'clock. I can't see the reverses, but judging by the strike, they look like S mints. The 1879-S I'd grade MS63 and the 1878-S I'd grade MS62 PL. Here is a close-up of the 1878-S. Sorry it is a little small. Yahoo only allows so big a picture.

1878-S

I put a battery in and it still works! Most of my coins are in slabs and I can't display them. This is a fun way to display some coins. Has anyone ever seen a coin clock before?

Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
FrederickCoinClub

Comments

• Options
    barberloverbarberlover Posts: 2,229
    no, but i have seen toiletseats and coffee tables.
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    Cool, I like it.

Brian.
  • Options
    I saw one once made out of lincoln cents where the coins were off offset at the proper hour, i.e the 3'oclock coin was offset at 3'oclock. Very cool and I should have bought when I had the chance.
  • Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to liberate them?
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭

<< <i>no, but i have seen toiletseats and coffee tables. >>

I remember the coin toilet seat on Ebay. The person wanted an insane amout for it.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    That is a nice clock, coins or not.....Ken
  • Options
    anoldgoatanoldgoat Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭
    Saw a penny clock once too. ... seems i'd have more to say on that huh

That is a nice clock there.
    Alright! Who removed the cork from my lunch?

W.C. Fields
  • Options
    MercMerc Posts: 1,646 ✭✭
    I thought about taking the back off the clock to get the coins out. I could sell the coins for more than I paid for them. Plus I could check the mint mark. Then I changed my mind and will keep them in there. I can see toning on the rims of the dollars but not on the 1964 coins. My guess they came from rolls. The clock seems to keep them from toning.
    Looking for a coin club in Maryland? Try:
    FrederickCoinClub
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I've got a 1962 Proof Set in a lighter.
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file