Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Long Beach Report by a Guy Who Just Got Home on the Red-Eye and is Tired

Considering I went to the show specifically to look at a few coins in the Heritage auction, I guess the show was a failure since I didn't buy (or even bid on) any of them.

On the other hand, I did buy a 1932 $10 Indian in PCGS 63 for my son, 1771 and 1772 British 1/2 Penny in unc. with some original red (not sure why I bought these, as I don't collect them, but they were relatively inexpensive and sort of a fit into a colonial collection based on their connection to the Machin's Mills coins). One is a PCGS 64BN, the other was a NGC 65BN which I'm trying to crossover just because I don't want one different holder. Also picked up a fabulous French Colonies 5 Sols in what I would call MS63 and one cool coin that just showed up - a choice unc. Pine Tree shilling from the Garrett collection. That ones at PCGS right now.

Met for the first time Mike Storeim - he of the awesome colonials I wish I own - Laura of Legend and Andy Lustig, which was fun.

Also availed myself of the cool service that PCGS offered to show your coins to David Hall and get a free opinion. Not quite sure how DH does that, because he was sitting there for 3 hours answering inane questions (some from me) and listening to people gripe about their coins being undergraded (some from me). But I certainly appreciated his time and that is a neat thing to offer.

Singapore

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file