Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fake 1943

I was going threw ebay and seen this so called 1943 copper. The coin looks tooled 1948 to me, any thoughts from the forum? Hopefully my link will work. 1943 copper
Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
AIRBORNE!

Comments

• Options
    MadMonkMadMonk Posts: 3,743
    That's interesting, and someone has bid 100.00 on it already. I wonder why it's not certified?image
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.
  • Options
    islemanguislemangu Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭
    Hey the high bidder at $120,000 for this raw, bad photo auction is one of the board members here. Whats going on? image
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    whoops Mad monk posted same time I did. I read the auction wrong. sorryimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    There might be a thread on this already but my search results show nothing
    Stacy

AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    I just went back to look again, my old eyes deceived me, Islemangu is absolutely correct, next bid is 120.1k.................................................................................I doubt that the bidder has any intention of paying, at least I hope. Maybe a public service to keep some poor soul from getting rooked!
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    Right on the money, a tooled 1948. Value, exactly one cent.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options
    You mean no charge for tooling and labor!imageimage
  • Options
    BladeBlade Posts: 1,744
    Interesting - $120K and reserve not yet met? I think this seller would take that in a NY minute.
    Tom

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Type collector since 1981
    Current focus 1855 date type set
  • Options
    Don't worry guys, I'm not serrious about that bid image, I'm not blind, its obviously an altered 1948, just thought it would be funny to bid on it, this guy is gonna have to pay a lotta of ebay fees. Its funny, ever since I bid on it, I have been getting atleast 20 emails a day warning me that it is a fake image
  • Options
    Absolutely tooled....notice how close the 3 is to the rim.....on genuine 43' cents there is much more space between the 3 and the rim.
  • Options
    BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
    I tried emailing him, but got an error when I sent the message. It said he may not be able to receive messages through the ebay email system.
    US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
  • Options
    E-Bay is soooooo consistent. New user with 0 feedback image can sell an item with $120,000 opening and a higher reserve, image but unless you have a +10 feedback rating you can't hold a dutch auction for a $1 item.image
    Roy

• Options
    RE:...........Rd5425.................LMAO...........I like your style...He thinks he's sitting pretty as you have a clean feedback sheet. LMAO...At the auction close he will be looking forward to offering you a reduced rate (probably $119,000) just to ease his ebay fees. Being new to collecting myself, I sit back and take in all that the good folks in here have to say but I must say I cannot sit back a listen to talk of i.e. COINS & guns or COINS & war so I may have offended one or two of the folks in here. I am a firm believer in justice/retribution and a devout defender of the underdog.........Still LMAO.......Nice going Rd image
  • Options
    rd I'm one of the emailers I sent the message this morning I didnt know that you were a forum member, I see your point in the bid now, that will be alot of Ebay fees to pay.
    Stacy

AIRBORNE!
  • Options
    Hats off to you Rd. Thats the best way to handle these crooks. Live by deceit...Die by deceitimage
    YCCTidewater.com
  • Options
    Rd..........can you end up with a neg from this situation?

John

Enjoy the day.........
  • Options
    I even made one when I was board!
    1943 Copper Cent (FAKE)
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sad thing is that he wont pay ebay fees because reserve not met.....oh well
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    Conder101Conder101 Posts: 10,536
    I'm not sure, I think the 1% of reserve (up to $100) fee still applies even if the reserve is not met. My understanding was that they made that change because sellers were setting unreasonably high reserves which weren't being met and the sellers were then contacting the high bidders and selling the coins off of ebay and eBay got nothing. Now the would get the reserve fee. The thought being that it would encourage sellers to set more reasonable reserves which would encourage successful sales.
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    This looks like the same "art" work as the 1944-D converted to a 1914-D; you can see the damage from the file.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file