Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Newly Graded 1955 Bowman Baseball PSA 10 GEM MINT

Congratulations to the submitter of the 1955 Bowman Baseball #198 Dave Pope that recently graded out as PSA 10 GEM MINT.

Per my research -- this is the first 1955 Bowman baseball card graded PSA 10 GEM MINT since a Jim Honochick card was graded PSA 10 GEM MINT in 1998. Additionally, this is only the second unique example graded outside of the David Hall collection. (there were also two Mickey Mantle cards graded outside of the David Hall collection -- with the third PSA 10 Mantle originally belonging to David Hall). This increases the PSA 10 population from the set to a modest seventeen -- with fifteen unique examples.

This is certainly a surprising development. If anyone out there knows who submitted this card, or where it currently resides, I would appreciate if they could let me know.

MS
I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.

Comments

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    MS -- That set is soooo condition sensitive that this is big news. Maybe this came out of Mr. Mint's find of over 100 Mint-condition 1955 Bowman baseball sets a few years back. image I hope this card comes out on the open market for your sake.
  • Options
    Marc,

How many of those Psa 10's reside in your collection? I would have to guess at least half! And when are you unvieling that 55 bowman set(with scans please), so that all us 55 bowman collectors can drool all over our monitors image

Bill h
    Interested in 1955 bowman baseball psa 7 and better!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Bill H:

I'm about eight upgrades away from unveiling -- I've got one in the works, Mr. Hobbs has another one, and a third individual has two more. As soon as I have those eight found [which may be a monumental project], I will unveil with full scans. If you're looking for any scans in the meanwhile, just let me know!

Congrats on the baby.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Marc,

How about posting a scan of your nicest 55 Bowman here a 9 or 10? I would to see one as own a few but most are in EX condition... I would love to see a high grade one.. Jeff
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Jeff:

This one is not necessarily my nicest one -- but it is an exceptionally nice one whose scan I have readily posted on the Internet, so I shall post it here.

If the image does not appear above, you can view it by clicking here
  • Options
    Marc,

Is this VillagePhotos site actually free or is there a catch?

Ron
    Ron Sanders Jr.
  • Options
    unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    Schmidty, the scan must not do that one justice. Is this THE MOST condition sensitive set in existence, or is it my imagination?