Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Updated set compositions

Is there any way to find out if a set has been updated to add/remove cards? I was recently checking over my Nolan Ryan Master Set composition and comparing it to my Excel file, and found that I was 30 cards short of the online list. I looked on the PSA Insider newsletter and it only shows sets that have been added.

Justin
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    Normally when I make a request to add/delete cards from a set I'll get an e-mail from Gayle when it's done. However, if I'm not the one asking for the changes, I might never know. I don't know whether it's worth it to put an update on the history page of the registry. I just generally check the list a few times a week to see if anything new has been added to any of my master player sets.
  • Options
    GT's got that one right. They add at any time and never give any notice. you need to keep checking back and you'll see that the total number of cards in the set keeps going up.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    I keep up with a lot of the player set compositions and update them frequently for my Set Registry Spreadsheets. While I collect some of these sets myself and check them daily, others don't interest me as much and I rely on other collectors to inform me of updates. I recently updated the Steve Carlton and Willie Stargell sets when I noticed cards were added and the set compositions changed. I added the recent Steve Carlton card to the set myself, so that one was easy. image

If you email me any updates I'd be glad to include them on my site as soon as they are added (usually the same day) and I can inform everyone through the message boards if you're interested.

JEB.
  • Options
    qmayerqmayer Posts: 286
    JEB,

I was using your Nolan Ryan Master Set spreadsheet and noticed it was a few cards short. I simply copied and pasted the entire composition over the old one and made a few minor adjustments and its as good as new. If I remember right it was a good 10 cards short. I added a few columns for my own personal use as well.

Justin

Edit: I forgot to thank JEB for his great work on the spreadsheets. I learned a little something about Excel that I had always wanted to know image

NAXCOM
  • Options
    VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Justin,

Thanks for the update. I wasn't aware that the Ryan set had been updated. I'll make the changes to my sets right away. Just curious, what did you learn about excel from my spreadsheets?

Always glad to help.

JEB.
  • Options
    qmayerqmayer Posts: 286
    Mainly just the IF statements... I've never used IF statements in Excel and I've come across situations where I could have really used them, but didn't know how they worked.

NAXCOM