Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Would the jerks who are bidding

MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
Would the jerks who are bidding on the Merc that I have bid upon in the Heritage auction PLEASE stop??!! You keep running my bid higher!! image And, I surely won't tell which coin it is because then I know I'd run the real risk of you guys bidding, so I guess you have to stop bidding on them all!! image

More seriously, the one coin I am bidding on is quite a bit higher than its recent prices on Heritage auctions. It's not a lot of money by TDN standards... but it is by mine.

So, what do you think of the bids on the Mercs to date: High, low, or in the middle?

Mark
Mark

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark,

that's my Merc your bidding on so stop it right now or elseimage

Seriously, the ones I'm chasing are well over what I had in mind to pay - there is definently a strong interest in Merc's lately

Marc
  • Options
    Marc:

Well, I'm on top of "my" coin right now, so if you are on top of your coin, then we know we aren't busting each other's chops. image But, if you are an underbidder, then ... take up another hobby. I understand Beanny Babies are relatively cheap at the present! image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mark & Marc. Mark
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't bid on the Partial Band 45P did you ? Looks as though my $17 Bid was too low on that one. image Holding off on any other bids for just a little longer. They are things you guys probably do not want anyway.

Did win a Colored Dime tonight from Heritage. Just hope it looks as I think it will. The Heritage pictures are a crap shoot at best.

Ken
  • Options
    bstat1020bstat1020 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    It is not me I don't collect Mercs, but as far as I know anybody can bid on anything on eBay. If you really want it bid higher.
  • Options
    Hi to you too Doc image

Mark,

I really hope you got at least one of the merc's you were bidding on because I basically got outbid by miles last few hours - I don't believe I am high bidder on anything altogether image Maybe I will look for some beanie baby's....

On a similar note - if they don't update the sheets its weird - I don't recall getting much anything last few months now even close to bid/ask values etc. Everything is way over - especially the nice stuff. I've seen over Coin World trends too.
    AN example would be the 26-D in 64FB its at $750 tonite post internet bidding - while trends has it @ $475. , the blue sheet has it for what $310 or something??image

Marc
  • Options
    Marc (and Mark, and Mark, and Mark, and ...)

The coin I am bidding on hit the max of my bid, so I do have the high bid as the coin goes to the floor tonight. But, good grief--my bid is about $300 more than any of the previous prices Heritage had listed, and $300 is about 30% over the previous prices. I figured I had the coin won without any sweat. I like the coin, but I sure didn't figure that it was so "PQ" that anyone else was willing to pay 30% more than previous prices. I think it is just a decent, nice coin. I put in a bid that I thought was high because it upgrades a coin in my set and I can give the current coin to my son for his collection so I was killing two birds with one bid. Ah well, we'll see what happens! image

How about the rest of the Merc collectors--is anyone bidding on the dimes? And do the bids seem extremely aggressive to you?

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    quiet here huh?
    Mark - I won one lot only from heritage sale all else totally outbid - hope you got what you had your eyes on.
    I did add 3 super dupers in private sales last few days I'll probably add them on tonite - don't think I'll pass anyone though.

Will the Jerks now come out of the closet please?image

Marc
  • Options
    I did not buy anything from the sale, nothing in It I really needed
    still looking for a nice 27-s, anyone have one for sale
    TIm
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    Marc:

I am totally confused whether or not I won a Merc in the Heritage auction. The closing Internet bid was equal to my maximum bid, so I assumed it was my bid. But then I received an email saying I had been outbid. However when I looked on the "My Bids" page of Heritage, my bid was still listed as a high. Finally on Heritage's prices realized page, the amount of my maximum bid shows as winning the lot. So, I am totally confused whether I won or not. Time will tell.

But Marc, I also got totally demolished on some other patterns. I had bid on some cent patterns but I wasn't even the underbidder to the underbidder to the underbidder to the underbidder!

Mark

P.S.: There sure were a lot of jerks bidding! imageimageimageimage
    Mark

• Options
    boiler78boiler78 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark
    I resemble that remarkimage On the small cent patterns that is. The patterns went for strong money but there were some great coins in the group and some possible upgrades. Online bidders are always at a disadvantage because the upgrade potential cannot be accurately evaluated from a scan. The truly PQ coins will almost always sell to the floor.

Mark