Home PSA Set Registry Forum

AuctionStealer Problems

Has anyone had major problems with auctionstealer over the last 2-3 days? I can't get on their site at all.

Doug
Looking for well centered 1958 topps baseball psa 8 and up. Also dying for a 70 Aaron All Star in PSA 9.

Comments

• TipemTipem Posts: 881

There was an article on the web(search for their web site and it will pull it up) that states that they have been hacked.I cannot provide a link but it recommends that you go to E-Bay and change your user password.I am going to take a wait and see approach.

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • I've had the same problems as well. I did receive an e-mail from them late last week, saying they had experienced some security issues, but that everything had been resolved. They did suggest changing your eBay password, and any other passwords you owned that were the same. However, I have not been able to log into their site since Saturday, and have lost quite a few auctions that I had sniped for over the weekend. I hope they're planning on refunding all those affected! Scott
  • BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭

<< <i>There was an article on the web(search for their web site and it will pull it up) that states that they have been hacked.I cannot provide a link but it recommends that you go to E-Bay and change your user password.I am going to take a wait and see approach.

Vic >>

http://www.auctionbytes.com/pages/abn/y03/m05/i25/s01
    imageimage
  • Web site is working again, but it crashed just before 8 key cards I needed on 53 Bowman Color and 71 Topps came up for bid

i guess this is a problem with using sniping services
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.
  • TipemTipem Posts: 881

Live by the snipe,Die by the snipe. image I lost a 56 card that I was sniping also.Oh well,I guess that I didn't need that card as bad as I thought I did.image

Vic
    Please be kind to me. Even though I'm now a former postal employee, I'm still capable of snapping at any time.
  • gtbeakergtbeaker Posts: 199
    Hey there folks- I just got this e-mail from "customer service", in response to my question regarding compensation for AuctionStealer users due to the downtime recently. Needless to say, it didn't answer my question!

As some of you may know, Auction Stealer recently became the target of
    a hacking group located in Russia. They have attempted to extort money
    from our company and compromise the security of our customers. When we
    would not comply with their threats, they proceeded to launch what is
    known as a Denial of Service or DoS attack against our site. We are
    aware that our web page has been down, and we have been working around
    the clock to fix this so that your service can continue. This affected
    all Auction Stealer customers as well as our affiliates such as Hammer
    Tap and Auction Tamer.

If you have not already done so, we are asking that ALL users change
    their eBay passwords immediately.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers, and
    weappreciate your continued patience. As of now, service has been
    restored, and all systems are working normally. We also apologize if
    itseems that we have been slow to respond, however this took every bit of
    manpower we have to deal with this.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

---------------------------------------------
    C.Martinez
    Director of Customer Service
    AuctionStealer.com Network Support
    asnsupport@auctionstealer.com