Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Check out this link

Check out the below link to Mark Murphy's website. I assume a number of you have done business with Mark.

Mark Murphy

Comments

• Options

I have not purchased anything from Mark, but this is a big loss for all the hobby. I wonder how much unopened material was lost in the fire?

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    How awful! I could not imagine a worse nightmare for a card collector (dealer). I hope Mark is able to come out of this; he is a good guy for the hobby.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    That is quite a horrible development -- I am very sorry to hear about this fire.

Does anyone know if Mark kept a personal unopened collection (e.g. separate from his business), and, if so, if he store those packs elsewhere (e.g. in a safety deposit box)?

Very sad development indeed....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure with the $$$ he's got invested in this business, he must have fire proof safes everwhere. I doubt anything major was lost. Sad to hear that though, he's a good guy from my experiences.
  • Options
    gtbeakergtbeaker Posts: 199
    I'm sure he probably did have some fireproof safes, but I can't imagine him having EVERYTHING stored in them. This is truly a shame!
  • Options
    I have been to his house in the past and it was a beautiful house right on the water in Stamford, so it must have been an enormous loss for him, but I am sure that he had insurance - still a great loss but I think he has sold most of his older and more valuable stuff into the recent excitement about vintage product.
    Collector of baseball PSA sets from the 1970's & hockey rookie cards; big New York Rangers fan (particularly now that they are sleeping with the enemy with Holik and Kaspiritus). Also starting to collect 53 Bowman Color as I think they are the most beautiful cards I have seen.