Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Mercury guys, I just got the 1939 D in ms68 who has the other one?

Has anyone seen the other one (it is a pop 2/0 coin)? This one is toned a little so I am sure Fairlane will know where it came from. Who has the other one?

Comments

• DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    I thought the other one was up for auction at Heritage, but that one is the 38-D, my mistake. It will be interesting to see what the final hammer is on that one. It is out of my league and lots of bucks for a no bands coin.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    there is one ms68 1939 D and I would like to have it considering I have a 39P and a 39D in ms68. sure would make a great little year set image
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB nice looking coin you have there. Although 68's usually do not trip my trigger that one sure could have if I would have seen it. And it came from where ?

Ken
    superior auction last night
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    There is a 39-D FB PCGS in the Joshua II registry across the street. NGC shows a pop of 4.
    irish

I assume you weere referring to this coin and the pop of 2/0. I was referring to non FB coins and PCGS only. I do not think NGC grades the same as PCGS on Mercs.
  • IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    I realize its a FB, I'll leave the grading aspects of NGC vs PCGS to the grading experts. I was just adding information to your thread.
    gotcha image
  • LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    JB... do you buy anything that isnt nice (aside from those two educational AT coins)? Man....

David
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB,

totally super example - good for you image

BTW, I totally agree with you - NGC is minimum 1 grade higher than PCGS on most Merc's and that is being gentle image

Marc
    lincoln:

thank you for the compliment. sometimes I DO buy stuff that I ask myself why! But not recently!

I am building a toned/pedigreed/pop top no bands Mercury set so keep a loookout in the future for me to be on the top 20!