Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Sharing some more show new purchases.

RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
Besides the ubercool Kennedy I posted in this thread, I also picked up a few other cool coins today.

As usual, there was nothing on my personal want list; none of the Two Centers I need, none of the Walkers I need, no nice 1964 proof Kennedys, so I decided to scrounge and do a little bottom feeding. While everybody else was looking at the pricey slabbed stuff in the cases, I spent my time digging through boxes of 2x2's and going through binders.

So, I present for your enjoyment, ultracheap but kind of neat coins. image

First, from the cent department, some burgundy toners.

I found seven like those, all from the 1950's.

And, here we have a couple interesting Jeffersons.

Don't know what happened with that first one, but I rather like that chocolate/vanilla look. Also picked up a couple blue toners, but we've all seen a billion of those.

Here we have a grape slurpee 1965 SMS Roosie.

That was in one of those little aftermarket year sets. The dealer wanted $1.50 for the whole set! First time I've ever given a dealer MORE than their asking price. image

And, something for the Merc people.

I think those are probably both AU, but I thought they were pretty cool anyway.

Grape slurpee 1965 SMS Washington.

From the same little set as the dime.

And, last but not least, is an NGC PR67 1955 Washington.

I saw that one and, before I realized what was happening, I entered in to a trancelike state, my wallet was out and I heard a faint voice ask the dealer "how much?"

Enjoy. image

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool coins. I'm partial too to the year 1955 (although not my birthyear) just because I like the way the numbers sit on the coins. It is also a year steeped in Numismatic history.

That 1965 year set is a neat find too. Rim colors of blue and purple even make Clad coins look great!
    Nice finds all the way around.

peacockcoins

• Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Russ, seems like you're improving on picking out toners. Couple weird ones. But I sure hate that word "newps" makes me cringe everytime I see it.
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    That 1950D nickel is really cool....Ken......No Frankies??
  • Options
    Stman,

I changed that just for you.

Ken,

I looked at quite a few Frankies, but none spoke to me and said "take me home".

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, just for me? The title looks much better now.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    Russ, your coin pics along with Adrians are better than any dealer on the web. If you can take images like that on a consistant basis why can't a huge firm like Heritage, you obviously care, i wish Heritage did! Les
    The President claims he didn't lie about taxes for those earning less then $250,000 a year with public mandated health insurance yet his own justice department has said they will use the right of the government to tax when the states appeals go to court.
  • Options
    wingedlibertywingedliberty Posts: 4,805 ✭✭
    That was some nice hunting!

Brian.
  • Options
    DHeathDHeath Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭
    I like the 43-S Merc. It looks like the green at 6:00 on the obverse is outstanding. It has luster too. Nice find.
    Developing theory is what we are meant to do as academic researchers
    and it sets us apart from practitioners and consultants. Gregor
  • Options
    Sigh. I wish I had an exclusive to slab and sell the stuff you find! I like them all... Just let me know when I can buy them.) Well you better tell us all when they are going, I'm sure many of us would bid! And just ignore that DHeath, his eye is messed upimage That '43-S is neat and all, but I think he is going a little too far on that one. Believe me I don't really hoard nicely toned Mercs or anything....
  • Options

<< <i>I saw that one and, before I realized what was happening, I entered in to a trancelike state, my wallet was out and I heard a faint voice ask the dealer "how much?" >>

LOLimage

Russ,

That 50-D Jefferson is really cool as well as the 55 proof Washington.

The clad coins with outrageous toning are also sweet.
  • Options
    Cheap coin bump. image

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file