Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Set Registry Question

Hi

I am active on the George Brett Basic and George Brett Master Set Registry. The George Brett Master Set Registry has an entry for a 1989 UK Mini and 1989 UK Mini Tiffany. I had a nice Tiffany card that I got in a bunch of oddball Bretts some time back, and since they rarely come up on e-Bay, I sent it in during the January Set Registry Special. It came back a PSA 9, but listed as "Topps American Baseball Tiffany." There is no listing on the Set Registry for "Topps American Baseball." So, I asked PSA about it and they said send it back in as a "Mechanical Error" and it would be relabeled for no charge. So, I returned it with a second invoice during the February Set Registry Special. The card was misplaced, so I sent a couple e-mails to check on its status. In any event, I just received word that it was found, but that it was correctly labeled "Topps American Baseball" and would be returned to me without being reholdered.

Now, I don't really care what the stupid little card is called. I had one in mint condition, so I sent it in to play on the Set Registry. My question is: What should be done about the UK Minis that appear on the Set Registry, if PSA is not actively labelling cards as UK Minis? Shouldn't they be removed like the 1984 Topps Nestle cards? And, how would one go about doing it? (As a side note: the Set Registry also has entries for 1981 and 1982 Spot-bilts. It is my understanding that Spot-bilt issued cards as a promotion in 1982 only. I believe that some were mislabeled 1981. To get one of those would truly be buying the label, not the card.)

Thanks

Randy
Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!

Comments

• Have you contacted BJ or Gayle? They may well be able to help in this situation.
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Randy:

For what it is worth, I have in my set a "1988 TOPPS TIFFANY UK MINI MIKE SCHMIDT TIFFANY" card that is listed as such. I also own an SGC 96 MINT version of the card that I believe is labelled in a similar fashion.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.