Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Unopened Baseball PAck Run

Lelands has an unopened baseball pack run from 1960-1973 . I just think this is an amazingly cool piece....

Here is the LinkUnopened Baseball Pack Run

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭
    That's a great lot.

On the other hand, what's wrong with this picture?
  • coachhcoachh Posts: 529
    Does GAI re-holder for free if they make a mistake on their label???
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Droooooooool
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    gai will reholder but do you want to trust the mail to get a new holder? not me!

the run is a nice lot but will undoubtedly end at a ridiculously high price becasue someone with deep pockets won't mind dishing it out to get all of these packs at once.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a beautiful lot. It will be interesting to see what it closes at. I'll be watching it closely to get an idea of what my 1960 to present run is valued at.
  • I think it is really over priced already ... But just the presentation itself is what drew me to it ... I know if I won it there is no way I could break it up......It's art all by itself ...
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    the gai holders have created a lot of interest in these packs and is what is driving the values? the question is whether it is becasue it's new or is it because the packs are rarer than people think because all their submissions are getting kicked back as fake so they will pay more?
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's my estimation of the market value of these packs if sold individually:

1960 $500
    1961 $600 (unspecified series)
    1963 $600
    1964 $500 (unspecified series)
    1965 $600
    1967 $500
    1968 $350
    1969 $300 (unspecified series)
    1970 $150 (unspecified series)
    1971 $400 (unspecified series)
    1972 $100 (unspecified series)
    1973 $75
    1963 $75 (1 cent)
    1969 $50 (posters)

That would put the lot at $4800. So the current bid is right around retail as I see it.
  • Actually with 15% buyers commision, it is over retail.... Also it will almost surely go up over the next week...as the real fun doesn't really start until Friday at 9:00 pm... Should be interesting to see where it ends up....
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭

<< <i>I think it is really over priced already ... But just the presentation itself is what drew me to it ... I know if I won it there is no way I could break it up......It's art all by itself ... >>

Boy, that would make an awesome display! A lot of money to spend on a few packs of cards, though not that expensive as far as art goes. Here's a cheaper way to create another nice piece of art. If I had the cash to blow, I'd bid on this one.

JEB.
    I think the packs from 60 - 65 would go for 600-850 each bringing the estimate up. They will probably bring more as the lot. the market is hot for these asmost of the ungraded stuff that comes up for sale is junk. the real stuff all sells for a big premium at the moment becasue there isn't that much offered for sale.
  • With the buyers premium this lot stands at $8734.22 ... I wonder if Mark Murphy's misfortune drove the price up any? Guess people are liking the GAI pack graded concept and are willing to pay a premium...
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Looks like the winner of the Lelands lot put it back up on ebay. Lost about 1K in 6 months. Ouch!Pack Run

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Personally, I think the seller should have sold the packs separate. There is only a small group of buyers that can cough up $7000 like it's nothing, but the potential for more bidders increases by a large margin when auctions are in the the $500-$1000. So I imagine these packs would have gotten more if sold individually. I watch the prices on these packs all the time and all I know is the buyer got themselves a deal.

Mike
    that wasn't the same lot from lelands. The lelands lot was all high grade 8-9 with the exception of the 69 at 7.5. The lot on ebay had some lower grade packs mixed in , 61 was a 5 , and mostly 7's. I don't know for sure but I would venture that the same person bought the lot on lelands and the lot on ebay last night. Skip has one of hte largest collections out there. he also bought the 5 68 gai packs last night.image
    By the way lelands will have another pack run in the next auction which they had out for a preview at the boston show. the 62 pack is a 1c pack and the others aare all nickles
  • I would really like to see Skip's unopened pack collection. It has to be absolutely tremendous. He recently broke up his 1965 set to just pursue the packs.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I'll echo that sentiment Wayne. Skip also was very generous in passing on his knowledge of packs, pricing, etc. Class act all the way.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's