Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Finished! 1971 Kellogg's football

1971 Kellogg's Football Set

Bring on the Kool-Aid man to help me celebrate. 1971 Kellogg's Football set is 100%. Took more than a year and a half tom complete and still have a few upgrades to reach goal of all 9's.....
Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.

Comments

• Let me be the first to say congrats man, nice job!!
    Collecting running back, reciever, and quarterback greats and hall of fame rookies.
  • Mick,
    Congratulations Grande !!! That is a set that I have only played with because it is such a pain to even find poor condition cards. I have or have had all the other Kellogg's sets raw and many several times over but never the 71 FB. Am very passively collecting that set and the 70 FB and well as the 71 BB. Hope to some day work up the list. Excellent job.
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Kool Man! Kongratulationsl!
  • StumpStump Posts: 927
    Mick

Great job on the completion.image

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Mick -

Great job !! On a tough set.

Todd
    Kellogg's Krazy
    1974 Topps
  • Nice job Galveston!image

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Galveston,

Yahoo, what are you looking to knock off next.

• Nice Job Mick! those 71 Sets are a bear !!image
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • As for what's next, I'm still working on my Green Bay Packer team sets. I'm putting together PSA mid-grade sets for all of Lombardi's championship years: 1961 & 1962 Topps, 1965 thru 1967 Philly. I'm about 2/3rd finished, 67's seem to be the toughest of all.
    I've got to continue to upgrade the four sets I have on the Registry. Most of my effort right now is on 1971 Kellogg's baseball. I'm working on a master set (with the variations) even though PSA doesn't have a separate listing for a master set on the Registry. I may ask them to add one.
    I also have a bunch of 1973 & 1975 Kelloggs at PSA right now. I haven't decided if I'll attempt to join the Registry in these sets or sell the cards so I'll have more money for 1971 Kelloggs cards.

P.S. My Kingdom for a 1971 Kellogg's Billy Grabarkowitz in PSA 9.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Galveston,
    Grats on the tough set. One question: You're finding '67 Philly to be tougher than '62 Topps?

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...
  • I haven't had any trouble finding 62 Topps. They aren't cheap but I've been pretty content with PSA 6's and 7's in that year. For 1967, I haven't seen hardly any on e-bay in any condition. I finally bought some raw cards and have them at PSA right now. They are probably 5's and 6's. I'll upgrade later as they become available....
    Interesting. I always thought the Philly sets were all relatively easy, and the '62 Topps was one of the toughest of the 60's. The pop report does not bear me out though, '67 Philly looks to be incredibly tough, with an average of 3.75 cards graded 8 or better across the set. '62 Topps has an average of 10.80, and even '65 Topps has 4.70. Looking at the registry, one guy has managed a 50% set at 8.26, but the leader's set is 98.48% with only a 5.72 GPA. Man, that's quite an underrated set.

Joe
  • it is a real tough set allan. i know i am the guy at 50%. always looking for 66 topps/67 philly/68 topps football psa 9. and any 8 i need check my sets. also any 55 aa,s psa 9 . on another note look at the 66 topps set it is the hardest i think from the 60,s most dealers i know stoped sending them in because 8,s are so hard. nines are murder.
  • VirtualizardVirtualizard Posts: 1,936 ✭✭
    Congratulations. image

Skinsfan, nice set bro. You have about one out of every seven NM-MT or better ever graded in that set. I know the '66s are touch with the woodgrain borders, but there is an average of more than 10 8's or better throughout the set.

Joe