Home U.S. Coin Forum

Uh oh!!! Did Tonecoin2003 aka easyman get one past NGC?

RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
NGC 1887 MORGAN, MS-63 ,RAINBOW TONED!

Other than the fact that only the reverse is toned, this one looks very similar to his usual work. What do you guys think?

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    His pictures have a terrible reflection, but I think that might be natural- it's not as splotchy as his normal wares.

Jeremy

edited for speeling mistake image
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    I'll bid and if I win, I'll let you know.
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    pictures do suck but the toning is real.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 23,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree- NOT his work.

peacockcoins

• Russ
    Swap him the coin for photography lessons and when you get it in hand, I believe your correct.
  • K6AZK6AZ Posts: 9,295
    To put it bluntly, his picture taking abilities suck. I have faith in NGC though, so I would say it's real.
  • ksteelheaderksteelheader Posts: 11,777
    Really a tough guess with those pictures......Ken
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NGC is going to have to sue for putting a real coin in with all of the usual garbage he sells....

...those poor, poor shmucks that are bidding on the raw stuff have some surprises coming their way.

Could it be that the uninformed people bidding on those coins are the same ones that pay 3x retail for the common crap they shlep on the home shopping channels? The other night I had to stop myself from buying "ultra rare" 1880-S NGC Morgans in the "ultra rare" grade of MS64 for a mere $89 each. "Look honey, the grandkids would just love these!....and what an investment, hand me the phone!"
  • nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭
    Since someone outbid me for it, I'll let 'em have it. image
  • No this toning is real, tonecoin2003s coins are blatantly AT, they look the same way both front and back and every single coin looks the same, also this toning is very light compared to the "toned" coins he sells
  • bengalsbengals Posts: 241
    I sent an e-mail to one of the guys that bought $600 worth of AT coins from tonecoin2003. He told me that once he found out that the coins were ATed, he asked for his money back, and tonecoin2003 refunded the whole sum. this is probably why his feedback is at 100%.
    this guy is "smart", and i can't believe no one has complained so far!

checkout his feedback too:
    Praise : Pretty colors. Do you use heat or chemicals to ARTIFICIALLY TONE your coins?
    Response by tonecoin2003 - I DON'T THINK SO-CAN'T IMAGINE HOW TO TONED-U TONED COINS BY HEAT OR CHEMICAL?

Neutral : The photo imagery used didn't represent the actual color of the coin. unk. why
    Response by tonecoin2003 - I M USING NIKON COOLPIX5000 CAMERA, THE PIX COLORS ARE COIN'S TRUE COLORS! ???

his auctions
  • jbstevenjbsteven Posts: 6,178
    bengals

the first feedback is from Russ
    this coin makes the sherbet melange look cheap!

take a look
    russ

that was a subtle feedback. i got it, but it looks like many haven't...

how do you like the coin?
    hey russ, why are you selling that beautiful 1882-0 morgan? so you can buy more 1964 proof sets? :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file