Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Action in Quarterbacks set heating up

There have been 3 different leaders in the past week, and 5 of the top 6 currently show updated. There is still plenty of room for movement before October, with no one over 70%. Fun stuff!

link
No such details will spoil my plans...

Comments

• Options
    I was in the top 5, but got bounced out pretty quick and now I'm down to six. Its all in good fun though.
    Collecting running back, reciever, and quarterback greats and hall of fame rookies.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    That looks like a great set to collect although I have no idea why Kurt Warner is on that list.
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    The tough cards are going to be those 48 Leaf cards, the 62 Tarkenton and the Namath RC. I'm in no hurry to complete the set. I resigned myself that the above cards will have to be 7's. I'm surprised though that I'm having trouble finding the USFL Young RC in PSA 9. I see lots of 8's and OC 9's (as well as 9's that should be OC). As for upgrading, I'm not into paying the PSA 10 premium.
    I can see the argument about not including Warner in the set. But he's one of the best NFL stories to come along in years. I can't come up with a reason not to include him, or a player to replace him with.
    BTW I'm still looking for K. Warners 99 Score Supplemental RC. I will pay $100 for a PSA 9. ( I will also consider an SGC 96)
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    I don't think Warner should be on that list, at least not yet. I'd rather see a more established player like Drew Bledsoe who's been around for awhile, and has put up good numbers consistently. Warner's had what one good season. His 2002 season makes him look like a bum.
    Collecting running back, reciever, and quarterback greats and hall of fame rookies.
  • Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Warner does have 2 NFL MVP awards - the logic; it is thought that he should have many more productive years.

Fabfrank, I have a '99 CE First Place #201 Kurt Warner #039/500 SGC 96 9 Mint. I thought this would be his premium rookie card vs. the '99 Pacific.
  • Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    I'd think Warner's representative card would be the 1999 Playoff Contenders. That seemed to be the marquee rookie set that year. Pacific was the first one to show him, with all the other companies not catching up till about 5-6 weeks into the season. But I don't think he's there yet. They didn't include Terrell Davis on the Great RB list, and I don't think 2 great years plus one OK season equals all-time great. He's on his way, though. At least Jeff Garcia's not on the list.

WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They didn't include Terrell Davis on the Great RB list >>

I think Terrell deserves to be on there. I'd also like to see Joe Perry added (he held the rushing yardage record before Jim Brown came along).

Joe
  • Options
    So lets say that he never regains his form from those two MVP seasons, would you really consider him an all time great. He looked pathetic last year.
  • Options
    sixdart- I've been looking for the Warner Score Supplemental for 4 years. I had one bought of Ebay and the seller never delivered.image It's my only bad deal on Ebay. My offer stands though if you see one.
  • Options
    Did you see this auction Frank?

link
  • Options
    You should be able to pick up warner"s supplemental rookie raw, for not very much. I would just submit a few to PSA. It shouldn't be that hard to get a nine.
  • Options
    I would have thought that too, but the pop report indicates otherwise. Only seven 9's and no 10's out of 126 submissions image

Joe
  • Options
    The problem with the card is not finding raw. Plenty of that. It's just that the card was issued in a shrink-wrapped set. The shrink-wrapping was done very tightly so the cards suffer from bent corners, light corner creases and chipping. Add to the fact that many of the edges show white or rough cuts (seems the traders are forgiving on rough cuts for vintage, but not on modern cards) and you have a very difficult card to find for grading. I've looked through about 150 raw cards and not one would be worthy on a nine. The closest I've gotten is 2 BGS 8.5's. I haven't even seen any of the PSA 9's. Last time I checked the SGC pop report ( 6 months ago?)there was only SGC 96.

Thanks for the link Joe. I'll email the seller. My offer still stands though if anyone sees this card.