Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

True ebay auction of my 1954 Lincoln Cent PCGS MS66RD PQ!...ends today, Saturday around 5pm pst

"Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
TEMECULA, CA 92590
(951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Comments

• dldallendldallen Posts: 359 ✭✭
    Nice coin and one to kill for but.....ANY auction with a Reserve is not a TRUE auction IMHO. Good luck Morris! Dave
  • solidsolid Posts: 2,975
    I agree with Dave - a true auction should mean the coin WILL SELL to the HIGH BIDDER without reserve.

Ken
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    Not being a Lincoln person myself, I assume this is a tough one?

Russ, NCNE
  • RELLARELLA Posts: 961 ✭✭✭
    Russ,

I've got four of them sitting around on my desk right now...does that sound rare to you? image

This is THE KEY to the short set (34-58) less than 100 graded plus only 3 better. I've sold PQ examples for close to what Morris wants for a BIN price; and that's been a while back.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
  • Is that a 'certified' little PQ sticker or uncertified?
    Singapore
  • melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Been watching this coin (1954) for awhile.
    Sale prices for the last three MS66RD on ebay (in order by date), 382, 320, 328
    Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morris: What do you mean by "true auction"? You reserved it - right?

When you run a "true auction", you can do well or not. I sold a 53(S) Roosie in PCGS-MS67 for about $21 today in a "true auction". No big deal - someone got a great deal - I'm sure they will be back.

My guess is if you simply had sold the coin with no reserve you would have done well. Even with the reserve you got up to nearly $335. Heck, I sell that date in that grade for less than $400. Come on Morris - "let it all hang out" and run a "true auction" image

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey Morris how about letting some of those Roosies ride too. Lets just see where they go.
  • A true auction does not carry a reserve or are we all misinformed. If I saw a coin listed as a TRUE AUCTION with a reserve it would NEVER get a bid from me. You might want to check the definition of what a true auction is!!!

PCGS sets under The Thomas Collections. Modern Commemoratives @ NGC under "One Coin at a Time". USMC Active 1966 thru 1970" The real War.
  • redcentsredcents Posts: 734
    ALL of OUR auctions start @ 1 "red cent" with NO reserve and FREE shipping AND a 14 day no questions asked return policy - INCLUDING THE COST OF RETURN POSTAGE TO GET IT BACK TO US. We also offer more payment options than most others. If more auctions were ran this way there would undoubtedly be more people willing to participate.
  • RussRuss Posts: 48,514 ✭✭✭
    redcents,

Can you eMail your post to me? That way, I'll know for sure it's spam.

Russ, NCNE
    Russ,

On a more serious note...redcents is a good guy; I think he just needs to get up to speed on Internet etiquette. Somehow I missed being included in his "real" spamming activities or I would have given him an earful about it already. It just takes a while for people to get used to how things get done around here...and how they don't get done.

RELLA
    twenty times.
    It's just not fair that the title of this thread promises a NR PCGS 1954 MS66RD Lincoln auction on eBay but it doesn't deliver. There certainly seems to be a need for such an auction given the number of responses to this thread.image

Maybe WC and I can flip a slab and the loser has to run one of these auctions! image

RELLA
    twenty times.
  • redcentsredcents Posts: 734
    Appreciate the reply Roger. I'm sure all the sellers who I've given tens of thousands to over the last few months don't have a problem with me. My REAL point is that IF policies of more auctions were more liberal there would be more people interested in them. ISN'T THAT A NO-BRAINER? I agree with the majority about "TRUE AUCTIONS" so much so that that is the only type I will run. Sorry to have offended anyone with my quasi-promo. I also thought (obviously mistakenly) that people put their e-mail address on their registry sets because they did not mind being contacted if someone can help them fill a slot or if someone wanted to make an offer for a coin in their set. I know I GREATLY appreciate it if ANYONE (via spam or otherwise) can offer me something I need or is wanting to shove money in MY pocket.

p.s. the website www.cameocoins.com is VERY hard on the eyes.
    Well according to Mitch I lost the slab toss (I'm not sure why but he insisted that he got to flip the slab image ); so here is my TRUE AUCTION PCGS MS66RD 1954 Lincoln Cent:

COME AND GET IT!

For all y'all that don't like people hawking their eBay auctions here: Simmer down; this is the first and probably only time I'll ever do this on this board.

RELLA

twenty times.
    Rella: I just bid for your coin on ebay what my minimum buy price was this morning for any 1954(p) Lincoln in PCGS-MS66RD. Indeed, I bought one from another dealer this morning for this exact bid price. I HOPE I STEAL YOUR COIN THOUGH image

And, your limiting it to only 3 days instead of 7 really increases the chances of you "taking it in the shorts". Then again, people are excited about your auction and excitement invites great results.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
    I'm watching you Mitch! You ain't gonna "steal" this one! Thanks for putting this one up Rella! Dave
    This coin reached $300 in an hour or two!! Now, this is a "true" auction and RELLA should come out just fine image I really do believe collectors appreciate a true no reserve auction on ebay.

Wondercoin
    Edited to clear my objection to WC's typo since he removed it.

RELLA
    twenty times.
    Roger: I stretched as far as I could go - especially since my sell price is around $400 and I have a coin in stock. But, you have nice action going on the auction - good luck to the bidders from here.

Wondercoin
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    I have always considered a true auction to be a sale that was open to bids that started at a $1...whether or not there is a reserve. I still believe this is accurate. Many of the auctions houses, if not all allow reserves to be placed by the consignor and yet they are still called "auction" houses. This true auction statement was made in regard to several people requesting an auction of this coin (when I had started it at my asking price of $500), in which many said they would like an auction starting at $1 and that I could place a reserve to protect myself.

morris <><

TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

Morris,

Just a question of terminology:

True Auction - Low or no start price and buyers determine the hammer price

Reserve Auction - Start anywhere but buyers must meet your reserve price that may be known or unknown

Yes, both are auctions and both are truly auctions, but only one is a "True" auction.

BTW, see how Rella's coin is doing without a reserve in a True Auctionimage

Hang in there guy, you've got some great stuff. Just a little good old fashioned ribbing. Dave
    Roger: Here is a classic example of good old fashioned auction interest in a "true auction" Lincoln. Your coin is now over $500 with multiple bidders fighting it out. This coin is more than pop 100 in the grade and shows the incredible strength of the Lincoln market.

What did I do last night? I went through 20 fresh original rolls of 57(d) Lincolns (1000 coins) in serach of a shot MS67RD coin. Found (1) coin that probably grades MS66.75. That's it. Considering I paid about a $4/roll preminum for the fresh coins, I spent $80 and several hours of time to pluck that MS66 (which sells for around $20 after a $15 slabbing fee). I'll probably try another 1000 coins tonight (and ante up my $80 and time). Is it any wonder, most collectors are content to slap down a few hundred bucks for a Lincoln and not waste their time.

Wondercoin

<< <i>most collectors are content to slap down a few hundred bucks for a Lincoln and not waste their time >>

Not just collectors, WC imageimage . I even have a few of these lying around raw (MS66RD quality) but I just keep buying more from others rather than sending in the coins I have.

RELLA
    twenty times.
    Roger: I know what you mean. I couldn't get finished my 1000 additional 57(d) coins yesterday - just too darn frustrating! Maybe tonight. image But, then again, Roger - I don't have a newlywed bride pulling me away from my work

Wondercoin
  • melikecoinsmelikecoins Posts: 1,154 ✭✭
    Look at this
    54 cent
    Glen
    I don't buy slabs I make them
    Roger: Feel free to use my extra 54 Lincoln in PCGS-MS66RD to offer your underbidder. Just pay me whatever you think is fair image

Wondercoin
  • mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    So you are saying that if I list mine again, with no reserve it will go above $600?!?!

mo <><

TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

WC,

Thanks...I'll take you up on that offer. I'll let you know how things go...

RELLA

twenty times.