Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Look at this reward

I was going through other grading companies websites and came across this reward that ASA is offering

Reward

Looks like they are in a lawsuit happy mode for slander. I guess I better watch what I say anymore. I've been known to vent some frustrations from time to time. Not against them but just other things in general.

Comments

• Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    from his website:

Since 1988 ASA-ACCUGRADE has graded and authenticated over 370,000 individual items valued at over $325,000,000. We are the fastest growing grading service in America today. Since August of 1999, our submissions for certification service are up over 1,000%.

Why has Accugrade experienced such phenomenal growth:

Recognized Authority:
    Mr. Hager, ASA-Accugrade's founder, is a noted authority on collectables, and has written (7) books on coins and sportscards, and dozens of price guides.
    In 1988 he copyrighted the 1 to 10 grading system for sportscards - today's universal standard.
    We patented the sportscard slab holder and Trademarked the arrowhead corner design, which is universally used by all services today.
    PSA-David Hall has paid $100,000 in Liscense Fees to use the Patented Holder, Copyrighted 1 to 10 grading standards, and Trademarked holders.
    ASA has licensed and set up 11 grading services worldwide.
    Since 1989 over 3,000,000 sportscards have been graded based on Mr. Hager's inventions.

• Options
    From the website:

<< <i>ASA started Beanie Babies (slab) certification in 1998. Due to the tremendous amount of counterfeits and doctored Ty Beanie Babies entering the market today, certification has become a must! ASA developed a Patent Pending and Tamper-proof Beanie SLAB holder with an INFORMATION WINDOW and HOLOGRAM. ASA also developed a Copyrighted grading system for Beanie Babies certification. >>

This is definately something PSA should look at . Beanies are very popular (my better half has a shelf full of them). They could start a beanie set registry. My only concern is that the beanies may look a little squashed after they have been put in the slab.

UK based collector.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    This issue is primarily focused on the coin market.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I hate it when my beanies come back with an oc qualifyer.
    Strong buyer of 1970 Kelloggs Football & 1971 Kelloggs Baseball and Football. Please help me find cards!
    I have a few hundred extra PSA graded 1971 Kellogg's cards. E-mail for price list. Looking for 1970 Topps Supers in PSA 9 too.
  • Options
    Agree with Mr. Schmidt, They get a phenomenal amount of bad press in the coin market. Much worse than what I have heard or read in cards. I suspect those are for "cease and desist" letters and warnings as opposed to actual lawsuits. Not only are lawsuits painfully expensive, the burden of proof is on the plantiff to prove what was said is not true. Not an easy task.
    Fuzz
    Wanted: Bell Brands FB and BB, Chiefs regionals especially those ugly milk cards, Coke caps, Topps and Fleer inserts and test issues from the 60's. 1981 FB Rack pack w/ Jan Stenerud on top.
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    Their reputation in cards is much the same as their reputation in coins. They have kept a very low profile in regards to cards since the Dennis Purdy article in VCBC about 4 or 5 years ago.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

My one and last experience with ASA was an ASA 7 purchased thru eBay.
    The card has a huge crease that Ray Charles could have seen on a dark night.

ASA is to accurate grading, as the Iraqi Information Minister is to the truth ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"